Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515/616

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR515/616 Empty TX-NR515/616

Post  vs2 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 am

I have been keeping an eye on this forum as I have had a TX-NR515 for nearly 6 months now and have been expecting issues . I use the unit everyday for TV, WDTV Live, Internet and HTPC. I have the latest firmware (1130-9107-0300). I run ethernet and 3 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out to plasma screen, nothing else except of course speakers (5.1) HTPC in directly from laptop and all digital formats etc work well using XBMC and VLC.

I just wanted to say I have yet to have a single issue with my unit. Fact that most of you have issues whether you are in the USA, UK, NZ, Australia etc makes me wonder what the issues really are. Is it firmware, hardware or configuration?.. or a combination.

I'm not here to defend Onkyo, I'm just saying my unit works flawlessly. If they could prove that only 3 units out of a 100 get returned worldwide then is that acceptable? Are the people on this forum that 3%? As far as customer service, well thats something else completely as I have yet had a need to contact them.

I would also like to add that I have many devices and sometimes a reset, reboot or simply pulling a battery is what is needed for whatever reasons. Maybe Onkyo through a firmware update can implement a two button push (or similar) to restart/reset the receiver in addition to the standby mode.

vs2

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515/616 Empty Re: TX-NR515/616

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:03 pm

We are still in the progress of resolving this issue; but would like some information from those afflicted with this issue to provide the following data for further research:

• Make/model of source device(s):

• Does this happen with all sources? If not, which one(s)?

• Make/model and length of HDMI cables/extenders/etc :

• When does this happen (always at initial power on, when switching sources, while watching a particular source, combination)?

• Make/model of TV/ Projector:

• Approximately how often does this happen (1 out of 10 times, etc)?

• How many times has this happened?

• How long has the unit been installed?

• What is the exact firmware version (check by going to FW update via the "Home" button on the remote)?

• What is the HDMI Monitor Out setting (Auto, THRU, etc)?

• Are you using HDMI OUT MAIN or SUB?

• What is the Picture Mode (Custom, Cinema, Through, Direct, etc)?

• Is HDMI Control (RIHD) On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?

• Is HDMI THRU On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?

• Is Net Standby On or Off ((look in Hardware Setup-> Network)?

• What is the Incoming and Outgoing video resolution (press the Display Button on the front panel until it shows both… should be something like "1080p/60 -> 1080p/60")

We appreciate all responses and look forward to resolving this issue promptly. Thank you again for your patronage, patience, and cooperation.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vs2 Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Umm..did you read my post at all? It says I am very HAPPY with my 515.

vs2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 pm

That was for those affected with the issue; since you created a new post- I wanted to notify there of the next steps to help resolve this issue. Thank you for your feedback- it is very appreciated and hope you are really enjoyng your receiver.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down