Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 and UBT-1

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR515 and UBT-1 Empty TX-NR515 and UBT-1

Post  artwave Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 am

Hi,

I just buyed UBT-1 bluetooth adapter and I'm using that with my TX-NR515.
I have 2 x iPhone 4S phones which are paired with UBT-1, everything works smootly, except that TX-NR515 will start from standby even I just read my mails with my phone. I'm big Clash Of Clan fan (IOS game), funniest is that even when I start to play COC, TX-NR515 will start from standby.

Do somebody else have such problems?

-Art-

artwave

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and UBT-1 Empty Re: TX-NR515 and UBT-1

Post  artwave Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 am

Anybody?

artwave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:40 pm

We will test this issue to confirm this issue and will advise promptly.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  artwave Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 am

Any update, I'm going to return this soon, because it won't work as expected.

-Art-

artwave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm

We need more clarification to this issue so we can commence testing and advise you on our findings. We need more clarification as to " except that TX-NR515 will start from standby even I just read my mails with my phone. I'm big Clash Of Clan fan (IOS game), funniest is that even when I start to play COC, TX-NR515 will start from standby." Are you stating the receiver starts back from the start of the playlist or it totally exits out of the playlist?

Forum Moderator

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  artwave Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi,

I mean receiver will wakeup from standby, if I example read mail with my phone (phone is paired with onkyo).
Today I was watching movie(From Bluray) and wife starter to do something with her iphone(paired with onkyo), onkyo changed mode from BD/DVD to USB and canceled my movie.

So it is impossible to keep receiver on standby mode if bluetooth dongle is connected to receiver and some device is paired with that.

-Art-

artwave

Back to top Go down

Post  artwave Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm

I need to clarify, that playlists don't have anything to do with my problem, we don't listen music via bluetooth, we don't make anything via bluetooth.
Receiver starts from standby, changes mode to USB, everything what I don't want that to do.

-Art-

artwave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible. We will need to further determine what settings are currently enabled on this receiver to cause this effect; since you are NOT using the UBT-1 for music playback.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  artwave Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 am

Hi,

I'm from Finland and calling to US will cost quite much, so no thanx I don't call.
I don't know are you technical person or what, but for me it is quite suprise that you don't understand simple problem, I will try explain this more simplier.

Of course I'm using bluetooth for listening music from my iPhone. BUT when I'm not listening music and receiver is on standby, somebody happens when open Phone reading mails for example, receiver (Onkyo) will wakeup from standby and changes to USB mode.

Here is simple test cases for you.

- Connect UBT-1 bluetooth dongle to receiver
- Pair iPhone (I don't know if some other brand will work) with UBT-1
- Put receiver on standby mode.
- Do something with that paired phone, like read mails, play games or something.
- If receiver wakes up and goes UBT mode, even you haven't listening music or doing anything which is related to bluetooth traffic, you have found a bug!

-Art-

artwave

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:35 pm

[quote="artwave"]Hi,

I'm from Finland and calling to US will cost quite much, so no thanx I don't call.
I don't know are you technical person or what, but for me it is quite suprise that you don't understand simple problem, I will try explain this more simplier.

Of course I'm using bluetooth for listening music from my iPhone. BUT when I'm not listening music and receiver is on standby, somebody happens when open Phone reading mails for example, receiver (Onkyo) will wakeup from standby and changes to USB mode.

Here is simple test cases for you.

- Connect UBT-1 bluetooth dongle to receiver
- Pair iPhone (I don't know if some other brand will work) with UBT-1
- Put receiver on standby mode.
- Do something with that paired phone, like read mails, play games or something.
- If receiver wakes up and goes UBT mode, even you haven't listening music or doing anything which is related to bluetooth traffic, you have found a bug!

-Art-

Since this support is for Onkyo US and Canadian customers; I will provide to you the Onkyo Europe Product Support contact information to converse with them. Here is the contact information for Onkyo Europe:

Phone: +49-8142-4208-10

Web Site: http://www.eu.onkyo.com

Upon testing as per your information; we have tried this scenario and have found NO issues with the UBT-1 and the TX-NR 515. We are developing a YouTube to demonstrate how functional this is and our technical savviness.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down