Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver Empty Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver

Post  Onkyo_#4 Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:21 pm

My 5010 arrived with remote problems. After numerous factory resets of the receiver and the remote control, my less than a week old 5010 has problems turning on with the remote. At times, when the TV and Sat box are on, first, the receiver may power on from the remote. At other times it will not. Sometimes the receiver will not power up with the actual Power On Button on the front of the unit. This is my 4th Onkyo receiver - 3007, 5007, 3009 & 5010. Until now, I've never had a remote control or programming problem with my other units. The remote does turn on and off all of my other equipment - TV, Sat Box & BRD.

Onkyo_#4

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver Empty Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver & Firmware Update Failure

Post  Onkyo_#4 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 pm

I finally got my 5010 receiver turning on from the remote. It took the latest Firmware Update to resolve the problem. Due to all my experience with receiver and remote factory resets, I was very familiar with all the button options associated with the "Home" button. This came in very handy when my first Firmware Update failed at 41% via USB. My second attempt at the Firmware Update failed at 41% also. The common denominator to both Firmware Update failures was the fact that the TV powered down about 1 minute before the Firmware Update failed and turned off the receiver. And yes, I followed the Firmware Update procedures for turning off the RIHD, before beginning the update. After the first Firmware Update failure, I was unable to view the selections for the update from my TV. I had to rely on my memory of the selections required to update the Firmware via USB. Anyway, while I was attempting my 3rd attempt at a Firmware Update, I decided to make sure the TV didn't power down. I found an Eco Power saving option on my Sony TV that powered the TV down after 15 minutes of no signal. This kept the TV on and eventually allowed the Firmware Update to complete. My Onkyo 5010 receiver was delivered in September 2012. The new Firmware Update was generated in July 2012. Why this problem was not resolved before my receiver was shipped concerns me. Also, the Update Instructions for this Firmware Update under the Download section for the 5010 via USB are unusable. I had to reference back to the Manual.

I hope this helps the next person having similar problems.

Onkyo_#4

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved after the latest firmware update. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR5010 remote not turning on receiver

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down