Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatically turning on the receiver

2 posters

Go down

Automatically turning on the receiver  Empty Automatically turning on the receiver

Post  abfantom Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello,

I have an old Onkyo receiver (TX-SV444) that I want to replace. It has a feature call IPM (Intelligent Power Management) that automatically turns on the receiver when the TV is turned on.

I'm looking at the TX-NR414 receiver. Does this unit have the same feature?

I looked at the TX-NR414 manual and I see there might be something like this using RI-capable device, but this won't work for me in my situation.

If the unit doesn't have this feature, does everyone manually turn on their receiver after turning on the TV?

Thank you,
abfantom

abfantom

Back to top Go down

Automatically turning on the receiver  Empty Re: Automatically turning on the receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Yes the TX-NR 414 has a feature known as HDMI CONTROL; in which a capable HDMI-CEC enabled device (i.e: TV, BD/DVD player, etc.) can be operated and powered ON along with the receiver as well. Many of our receivers have this feature and can be enabled as per customer preference. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down