Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI Initiate Failed

3 posters

Go down

HDMI Initiate Failed Empty HDMI Initiate Failed

Post  gideonso Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Dears

I'm facing HDMI Initiate Failed in my new NR616.

It runs for around 2 weeks since my new purchase, but suddenly failed when I wake up to open it this morning.
Audio is okay, but no Video on screen, that I'm connecting to my 42" LCD using 'Main Out'.

Tried to restart all related devices, but still failed;
Then I try to connect LCD using 'Sub Out', success!

May I know if anything I can do?
Or simply send the unit to Onkyo?

Many thanks!

Gideon
10 Sep 2012

gideonso

Back to top Go down

HDMI Initiate Failed Empty Re: HDMI Initiate Failed

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Product Support can assist you Mon. to Fri. from 9am to 8pm and Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 4pm eastern std. time.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kryptonian Warrior Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:57 am

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one this is happening to. I have a TX-NR709. For the past week, I have been having problems. I would turn the receiver off when I go to bed and when I wake up, I have sound but no picture. So, I unplug for about a minute and that would solve the problem.........until I turn it off again, for the night. So today I noticed that there was a Firmware Update, and since my Receiver is networked, I initialized the download. The update downloaded and installed. However, once it was done, my Receiver was completely useless. It's hard to explain what it's doing so I made a video and put it on YouTube. Look at this video and tell me what's going on here. I have a sneaky suspicion that the HDMI board has gone out and needs to be replaced. Which, from what I have been seeing, is VERY common. You would think that Onkyo would correct their defective hardware, but that would not seem to be the case.

Edit: Well it seems as though I can't post a link yet. Basically, it's trying to initialize HDMI, but it's not connecting. Can a mod please email or PM me so I can show you what I'm talking about?

Oh and fyi, I did try the reset, but that did no good as it doesn't roll back the Firmware. I was having trouble before the update, so that wouldn't have fixed it anyways. I'm VERY disappointed in Onkyo right now and have lost faith in their products. Please do the right thing and restore my faith.

Kryptonian Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down