Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509

2 posters

Go down

HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509 Empty HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509

Post  NetScribe Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Only input options for video on my old DLP TV are component and DVI. I have 3 HDMI capable devices i want to hook to the receiver would one of these hdmi to dvi adapters work in place of an HDMI port? I am hopeful this would also allow me to see the onscreen controls from the receiver.

I have things working with component but it limits me to two devices.

NetScribe

Back to top Go down

HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509 Empty Re: HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi NetScribe,
Since the 509 does not upconvert you would need to use the DVI to HDMI converter. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee it will work. Thank you for contacitng Product Support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509 Empty Solved

Post  NetScribe Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. A friend had a spare hdmi to dvi-d adapter which i hooked to my TV's dvi in port. After pre-configuring my devices to either 1080i or 720p HDMI using RGB color mode using a direct connection. The RGB mode is important since DVI doesn't offer the same color range as HDMI and without this setting colors were off. I was successful in being able to get audio to the receiver and video to pass thru to the TV.

I would post a link to a similar adapter to the one i am using but since i am still a new member the forum isn't allowing me to post links yet. But a Google search shows these adapters are available for $2-$4. Worth it to unlock the on screen display options of the receiver. sunny

NetScribe

Back to top Go down

HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509 Empty Re: HDMI to DVI adapter on HDMI OUT port - TX-NR509

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi NetScribe,
Glad that worked for you and thank you for sharing your findings with other forum members!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down