Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND: My 616 HDMI failed as well:

3 posters

Go down

Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND:  My 616 HDMI failed as well: Empty Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND: My 616 HDMI failed as well:

Post  megabyzus Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:14 am

Onkyo, My HDMI video finally dropped out after 2-3 days of using the device. Un/replug fixed it. Please indicate exactly how you plan to resolve the issue with this obviously faulty unit and help (and a multitude of others). Please respond what the recourse is, what the plan for firmware is, and what your understanding of the problem is.

Further details:

my unit HDMI video finally crapped out. It was WHILE the 616 was on and not after a night or anything like that. It happened when I changed to my cable box source when my cable box was switched off from the perfectly functioning Apple TV source (HDMI 3--STB/DVR). Suddenly blank screen, no menu, except for 'no source' message and audio. None of the sources were working and even my Apple TV source that was working moments before had gone dark with only audio available. Was only able to get everything to work when un/replug. I have not been able to reproduce this and the unit is working fine again.

I am a random purchaser of the 616 and I find it hard to believe this problem doesn't exist in ALL 616s.

I haven't changed from my latest functioning settings:

- Latest firmware (300)
- RIHD ON
- Network Stand by ON
(- HDTV CEC is ON)

Thanks!

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND:  My 616 HDMI failed as well: Empty ONKYO: Bump

Post  megabyzus Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Onkyo: Bump. Please respond.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND:  My 616 HDMI failed as well: Empty Re: Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND: My 616 HDMI failed as well:

Post  megabyzus Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Onkyo: Bump

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND:  My 616 HDMI failed as well: Empty Re: Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND: My 616 HDMI failed as well:

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi megabyzus,

I am waiting for our engineering department to get back to me on your questions.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:10 pm

OK, thanks. I think it would go a long way in alleviating unhappiness if you would take the simple step to keep everyone updated on this. I don't expect to have a solution TOMORROW but I do expect acknowledgement that there is a problem, experienced almost universally it seems, and that it is being looked into with an eye towards resolution. That would be fair to both you and to us as customers.

Thanks again.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Onkyo PLEASE RESPOND:  My 616 HDMI failed as well: Empty ONKYO AND ALL PLEASE

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:28 pm

[quote="aballen"]Just had this issue this morning.

My setup TX-NR515, Direc-TV, PS3, Wii, and AppleTV, onkyo wireless dongle in the back.

I turned on zone 2 last night, today I had the same problem listed in this thread. No video out from any input. I used my iPhone remote app to turn of CEC, that did not appear to resolve my issue, but when I turned off Zone2, and then powered down, everything worked once powered up. I cant say if CEC, Zone2 disable, or powering down/up fixed it, or if it was a combination of two.

Just wanted to let you know, another person having this issue, have not seen anyone mentioning Zone2... hopefully it does not come back for me.

After reading's comments about zone 2 I starting thinking about all my problems and customer problems I am having. When abalien commented that he turned the zone 2 off everything started working again. When I was having problems back when I purchased my TX-NR515 for myself and other customers I turned my zone 2 off and have not used it in a while and I turned my customer to HDMI sub out. Two weeks ago after a month of not having HDMI problems, I turned my zone 2 off (which I leave on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I use volume control knobs to control the volume for zone 2) I do the same for all my customers with the zone 2. I have a few customers that do not have volume control knobs and have to turn the zone 2 off and on everytime they want to use it with the Logitech 900. They are not having the same issues because they are not leaving on zone 2.

Onkyo, have your firmware programmers check on this issue. i have set my receiver zone 2 off and will test here.

All Onkyo customers, please do the same with your units and see if this is truely the issue. Turn your zone 2 off for at least a week and see if it fixes the issue.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:25 am

Zone 2 'off' by default (mine is). Plus I don't believe this is the problem given the HDMI pass through occurs while unit is in stand by.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down