Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR1009 Receiver Audyssey calibration shut unit off - Posted August 28, 2012?

Go down

TX-NR1009  Receiver Audyssey calibration shut unit off - Posted August 28, 2012? Empty TX-NR1009 Receiver Audyssey calibration shut unit off - Posted August 28, 2012?

Post  Eugene7839 Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 pm

I am a bit perplexed why a post I made on August 28, 2012, does not appear in the forum. I inquired if any TX-NR1009 owners may have experienced a similar audyssey shut-off occurence as I did. Please let me know what I need to do to get my post into the forum. Yesterday, I thought I sent it out again, but still not success. Thanks for your help! Below is the post I sent on Tuesday, August 28th.

Eugene7839

TX-NR1009 Receiver Audyssey calibration shut unit off
From Eugene7839 To Eugene7839, Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 17:23

My purpose for this post is to register problems I experienced with TX-NR1009. I purchased my TX-NR1009 in November 20011 and have updated all firmwares through the network. Upon doing the recent firmware update (1131-1299-0211-3107) on July 17, 2012. I tried to do an audyssey calibration and the following happened: 1) after the unit identify the speaker set-up and the subwoofer 75 db volume level is reached and I press "next" on the remote, the receiver would shup off and restart bringing the unit back to the audyssey calibration screen again; 2) Inserting my Ipod Touch in the USB Front connection, the message "Net initializing" appears on the screen; 3) Using to the SETUP menu, I do not have access to the following - "8-Remote Controller Setup and when I go to "7-Hardware Setup", I do not have access to the "Net" and "Firmware update".
I did several Reset of the receiver to the original settings and other instructions per consultation with Onkyo technical support without any success. Finally I was instructed to take the receiver to a local service facility, which I did over a week ago. The service technician informed me that he would not get to it before 10 days. After reading some of the Onkyo owners experiences with other units I hope that it would not take me 2 months to get my unit repaired/replaced.
I decided to post this in case other owners may have experienced a similar problem.
Thanks for any input you may have.

Eugene7839

Back to top Go down