Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uwf-1 question

2 posters

Go down

uwf-1 question Empty uwf-1 question

Post  ted r Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Hello,

I thought I could use the uwf-1 with tx-nr616 to connect to my wireless network. However, I cannot find it and I do see other Wifi networks. I think it may have to do with a limitation of frequency support: I'm using the 5GHz frequency and I *think* only 2.4 GHz is supported although the IEEE 802.11n standard supports both 2.4 and 5.

* Could you please confirm that the 5GHz is not support so I don't need to continue searching what might be the cause?
* Is there a UWF-2 in the pipeline that supports the 5GHz frequency and hidden networks?

ps: I disabled closed network option and reset the wireless router when I was connecting the uwf-1.

thank you,
ted

ted r

Back to top Go down

uwf-1 question Empty Re: uwf-1 question

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm

As per the manual for the UWF-1, it only supports 2.4 GHz frequency and not compatible with 5 GHz frequency. Also, in regards to your other inquiry- there is NO information to suggest the implementation of any replacing model of the UWF-1 or abilities to function with hidden SSID networks as well. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturdays and Sundays 10am- 4pm EST.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down