Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX SR506 Zone 2 HDMI

2 posters

Go down

TX SR506 Zone 2 HDMI Empty TX SR506 Zone 2 HDMI

Post  ptiger Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 pm

all of my sources, e.g. DVD and CABLE/SAT are via HDMI in to TX SR506 receiver, then out to TV. I want to listen to music via zone 2 from the DVD player (e.g. bluetooth etc). Only the TUNER works in Zone 2. any thoughts. i saw some things about how it needs to be analog. that would seem to be a pain and require some major rerouting and pretty much defeat the purpose of HDMI.

ptiger

Back to top Go down

TX SR506 Zone 2 HDMI Empty Re: TX SR506 Zone 2 HDMI

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:39 pm

With all of our products that have a Zone 2 or more feature they use only analog connections (RED &WHITE) so you need to hook up an analog connection from the source into the back of the receiver into the input that you are using. The digital connection will remain in the main room and the analog will be redirected to Zone2 or the other Zone outputs. Also make sure that if you are only doing a 5.1 speaker configuration you have the Surround Back speakers set to at least the same size as your Surround speakers. Zone2 and the Surround back speakers share the same circuitry inside the receiver and when you set Surround Back to None in the setup menu you will not be able to use Zone2 speakers. When configuring the receiver for Zone2 and you use the Zone2 Line Out/Pre-Out DO NOT ACTIVATE ZONE2 in the SETUP MENU. If you use the Zone2 line out on the receiver you will not LOSE any surround output to your surround back speakers in the main room. Please make sure that when you turn off the main receiver that you also turn off the Zone 2 because if you don’t turn off Zone2 then the receiver will continue to run and will produce heat.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down