Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3

3 posters

Go down

HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3 Empty HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3

Post  Steelstar_Onkyo Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am

Hi. I am going to buy a new TV, which only has optical audio output (to tell the truth, I didn't see a TV with analog RCA audio output for a while now).
My problem is I want to send tv audio to zone 2/3.
The easiest solution is probably to use a toslink cable + a toslink/RCA audio extractor.
My question is: is it possibile to use instead a HDMI RCA audio extractor on the hdmi cable between amplifier and TV, being the TV ARC capable? is it going to work?

Steelstar_Onkyo

Back to top Go down

HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3 Empty Re: HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Yes this should work, as the receiver will need the ANALOG audio signal for ZONE 2/ ZONE 3 broadcasting. Please research to confirm the device will properly convert the digital audio signal and provide an ANALOG audio signal as output for the receiver via RCA COMPOSITE analog (red and white audio) cables.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3 Empty Re: HDMI to analog or toslink to analog for Zone 2/3

Post  sigfreund Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am

sigfreund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum