Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR609 channel hiss

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 channel hiss Empty Onkyo TX-NR609 channel hiss

Post  MikeG-pop Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 am

My receiver has a static hiss coming from the left front speaker. I have changed out the speaker wires and flipped them around and it appears be isolated to just that output. I am using Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers. The other annoying thing that has started happening in the last month is that I turn the Receiver on with the remote, and it stays on for a second, then switches it's self back off. When I immediately press the on button again, it stays on. Happens every time - weird. I bought the receiver new on March 29th, this year (2012) at Fry's in South Houston and brought it home -- I live 400 miles away. Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

MikeG-pop

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 channel hiss Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 channel hiss

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Please refer to the PRESS RELEASE regarding the issue with your receiver and follow the instructions to having your unit serviced: http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=253. If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 channel hiss Empty Thanks for the link

Post  MikeG-pop Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 pm

My receiver was one that was eligible for repair, and I have filled out the paperwork to send it in. Thanks again

MikeG-pop

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Do you have the Request number (R # )? If you haven't already; it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to resolve your issue, please have your serial number available so the Product Support representative can further assist this service ticket and process a shipping box and prepaid label.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down