Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC180 No Audio

4 posters

Go down

HT-RC180 No Audio Empty HT-RC180 No Audio

Post  computersecguy Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:49 pm

I have a problem with an HT-RC180 that was purchased 25 months ago, and put into service 24 months ago as it was a Christmas present. Living in Montana, the nearest service center is 1400 miles away, so I am hoping that someone would be able to give some insight as to how to fix this issue myself.

When turning on the receiver, I get video, but no audio. The receive does not show any speaker icons on the front display. In addition, when going into the setup, under hardware setup, the network and firmware update selections are greyed out without the ability to select them. In addition, the Remote Controller Setup is also greyed out.

It would appear that this is some software issue. I was running the latest version of the software.

I had been able to unplug the unit for a few moments, and the receiver would work again as normal. Starting last night, this would not work. I did the factory reset (VCR/DVD + Power) and the unit worked for a night. Today the reset trick is not working.

Is there an ability, if the unit ever responds, to force a redownload of the firmware? Is the an ability to have the chip that contains the software to be sent?

Thanks

computersecguy

Back to top Go down

HT-RC180 No Audio Empty Re: HT-RC180 No Audio

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 am

Hi computersecguy,
I have an associate looking into this and will get back to you shorly, thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 am

Hi computersecguy,
After discussing this with an associate we have decided that, unfortunately, the only thing that can be done is to send the unit in for service. It sounds like the receiver has an internal issue and it has to be repaired by an authorized service center. You have two options for sending in the unit.
1. you can contact the service center yourself, here is our blog post on how to do that: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/locating-an-authorized-service-center-or-dealer/
2. You can contact our parts and service department and have them help you with locating a service center and they can also tell you if your unit is still under warranty: (201) 785-2600, option 4. They are here until 5:00pm today.
Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lrschwartz2 Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:37 pm

I had this identical issue with my Onkyo HT-RC180. It also was given to me as a gift in 2009 at xmas. When I took it to an authorized Onkyo repair shop they informed me that the microprocessors in the HDMI board had burnt out. They quoted me 625.00 to replace the HDMI board and repair. Not an economical solution consoidering the I can pick up a new one for 700 approx. Just curious if your issue was resolved through Onkyo and what they found the source of the problem was? Thanks

lrschwartz2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi lrschwartz2,

Please send our parts and service department the following information:

Name, address, phone number
Brief description of the problem
serial number of the unit
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823

Or email them at:

parts@us.onkyo.com

They will review it and see if they can accomodate you on this matter.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lrschwartz2 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:43 am

Thank you. Is there an email address I can send info to instead of fax?

lrschwartz2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

Hi lrschwartz2,
The email is parts@us.onkyo.com
Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HT-RC180 No Audio Empty unfortunate timing of HT-RC180 defect - no audio output

Post  onkyoUserSince1991 Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Onkyo USA please help.
My HT-RC180 just started providing no amplifier output a few weeks ago and we had to do the unplug & replug trick for a couple weeks, but now even the VCR/Standby reset does not help (never did).
The Network and Firmware Update are "greyed out" in Hardware setup as well.
This is my 5th Onkyo and only second to go defective in less than five years.
Due to the apparent pattern with defective Onkyo RC180 amplifier output after 23 - 25 months of ownership, is there any accommodation such as an RMA or recall we can take advantage of to have Onkyo remedy the issue?

We are only slightly desperate, for i can pull out the non-HDMI(yikes) Integra 838 from storage(15 years & still kicking) and get some sound pumping for the duration, yet we are still desperate to get our home theater back to modernity.

Thank you very much,
- sco#

onkyoUserSince1991

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi onkyoUserSince1991,

Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 for assistance with your issue.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down