Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC180 No audio on startup, needs factory reset everyday

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC180 No audio on startup, needs factory reset everyday Empty HT-RC180 No audio on startup, needs factory reset everyday

Post  Drudged Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I have a HT-RC180. It had been working great for 2 years, but I have recently started having problems with it. It started a week ago when the receiver would not show my speaker configurations, or output audio. It could play video just fine from the Blu-ray player, cablebox, and western digital media player, but there was no audio output at all, on any device. The only way I can get audio to output from the receiver is by factory resetting it and re-configuring it. Sometimes it takes more than one factory reset for the audio to kick in. The device will work just fine until I turn it off for a period of time. Every morning when I wake up I have to factory reset the receiver to get audio.

I updated the firmware on the device, and it now remembers my speaker configurations when I turn the device on, but I still do not get any audio until after a factory reset (sometimes I have to reset the device up to 4 or 5 times). The device is 5 months out of warranty. Anyone have similar issues like this? How much did it cost to get fixed?

I tried calling tech support, but that did not go well at all. All they had me do was factory reset the box, and then when the audio came up, they told me the problem was fixed. They did not listen to the issues of what I was experiencing at all.

Drudged

Back to top Go down

HT-RC180 No audio on startup, needs factory reset everyday Empty Re: HT-RC180 No audio on startup, needs factory reset everyday

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi Drudged,

I apologize for your experience with our product support. I am going to PM you some information that we would need to take care of this issue for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down