Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 ARC issues

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 ARC issues Empty TX-NR609 ARC issues

Post  khadjado Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:01 pm

I am a new owner of TX_NR609. I have my TV (Samsung UN60D700 that supports ARC), cable box and DVD player connected to it through HDMI cable(s). About a week ago, I enabled the ARC future in the receiver in order to stream Netflix from my TV. Everything works just fine with the exception of these two very annoying problems.

1) When I turn the receiver on to listen to radio or Pandora, the TV automatically turns on. Any way to prevent this?

2) When I turn the entire system on, the universal remote turns on the Cable box, TV, DVD player and finally the TX-NR609. Ever since the I enabled the ARC feature, the receiver comes up in the TV/CD setting on power-up (most of the time). Very annoying since 90% of the time I want it in Cable/SAT. Any way to insure that when the receiver is turned on it comes up in a known input?

Thanks.

khadjado

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 ARC issues Empty Re: TX-NR609 ARC issues

Post  coxie2 Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:34 am

khadjado Not sure on why the tv power up is happening. As far as the receiver defaulting to tv/cd (page 57 of manual) I believe it is due to the fact that this input is audio only, which is all that your tv is actually supplying to the 609. The HDMI in this case is merely being used instead of the old rca red/white audio cable. The other inputs (cbl/sat, dvd, game, etc.) send signal to the tv thru the HDMI cable. If your tv has composite video and audio out (y/w/r) it might be possible to run a connection to the vcr input on the back of the 609. If this is possible, you should be able to turn the tv on, select netflix, switch to vcr on the 609 and you should be able to stream the program. The quality of the picture may not be as good as it will be an analog signal you will be viewing, but might be able to be upscaled. If this works, you could turn off the ARC and when you are wanting to view cbl/sat you could and then simply change to vcr when you want to view netflix. Hope this makes sense.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:04 pm

In regards to the issues you have described: (1) when enabling the ARC function of the receiver- the receiver will revert its input to the "TV/CD" Input to accommodate the AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL option from both the TV and receiver. The only way to disable this option is to go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and scroll down to HARDWARE SETUP> HDMI and disable AUDIO RETURN CHANNEL (ARC). After disabling this option; press the SETUP button to fully exit the menu and power down ALL devices (receiver, TV, cable box, etc.). This is now save the settings change.

Now regarding the TV powering on for NET functions such as Pandora; as the NET and USB inputs also display video content to the TV/ Projector- the receiver (when the HDMI CONTROL [RIHD] function is enabled) will sync with the TV to show the video content of the metadata for media sources such as Pandora, vTuner, and your iPod. To disable this option- you'd need to do the same steps as disabling the ARC function (but you'd actually need to disable HDMI CONTROL (RIHD)). Doing so will also disable HDMI THRU as well; but you can also re-enable this option without enabling HDMI CONTROL.

If you are still experiencing any issues or have further questions; Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank you;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down