Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner Empty TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner

Post  Gecko85 Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Just set up a 414 and so far everything is working fine except one annoyance:

I can't add any vtuner stations to My Favorites. When playing a station, I go to the menu, select "Add to My Favorites", then select "OK" on the next screen. But, when I go to My Favorites folder, it's empty. I had gone through and added about a dozen stations, only to discover none of them were actually added to My Favorites.

Anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it?

Gecko85

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner Empty TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:09 pm

You will need to sign onto the proper website to store your favorite internet radio stations onto your NR 414. First; we will need the MAC address of your receiver. You will need to access the HOME SETUP menu of the receiver. Press the RECEIVER button (far left button on top 4th row of buttons on the remote controller) and then HOME button (located directly below the ENTER button on the remote). You will see a new screen of icons- scroll over to SETUP (red toolbox) and press ENTER. Now scroll down to NETWORK SETUP and press ENTER again. The first submenu option will show MAC ADDRESS: write the MAC address down as we will soon need it to sign onto the website for vTuner.

Now type the following web address onto your internet browser: http://onkyo.vtuner.com/portal. You will now see the vTuner webpage and you will see a section in which you can "SIGN IN WITH YOUR ID# FROM YOUR ONKYO RECEIVER".
Now input the MAC Address from your receiver into this section and click on the -> button. Now you will be directed into the vTuner main station listings. You can now store your FAVORITES from this website and also create and name a personal "listing" of your favorite stations (for example: you can call one listing "OLDIES" and add your favorite stations into this listing and also create another listing "SPORTS" and add your favorite sports stations. When you are done doing so on the website; you can LOG OUT of the vTuner webpage and go onto your receiver and access vTuner and go to FAVORITES. Now your personalized "LISTINGS" and favorite stations will show on vTuner from the receiver.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner Empty Working Link

Post  IBamBam Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 pm

IBamBam

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner Empty Re: TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner

Post  Gecko85 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks, that worked. The manual is very confusing on this matter. It states there are two ways to add favorites: from the on screen menus (which is what I originally tried), OR from your computer (which, if you go to the page it references in the manual, is what was recommended above...and what ultimately worked). It doesn't say that it's *mandatory* to do the PC method.

Glad it's now working, though.

Gecko85

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner Empty Re: TX-NR414 cannot save favorite stations in vtuner

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Glad to see my message assisted you in resolving your issue from Wednesday. Hope you are now enjoying vTuner on your receiver.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down