Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro Empty Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Post  kickinthehead Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:12 pm

So my ideal setup right now is PS3 to Onkyo via component (to avoid HDCP)

Xbox 360 HDMI video/audio to Onkyo (Solved this using HDMI pass through)

and then component video and RCA out from Onkyo to the Blackmagic Intensity Pro card I have in my computer.

The problem is that the component won't give me audio so I need to go RCA audio out from the Onkyo to the Blackmagic Intensity Pro.

Is it possible for the Onkyo to output component video and RCA audio?

What menus do I need to setup on the receiver to set this up?

Thanks!

kickinthehead

Back to top Go down

Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro Empty Re: Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi kickinthehead,

I apologize for the delay but this can be done the only thing you can use is the VCR/DVR out (Analog) for audio. I'm assuming you have picture.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro Empty Re: Onkyo S5400 w/ PS3, Xbox 360 and Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Post  kickinthehead Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:34 am

I decided instead to hook the PS3 to my blackmagic card directly via component and leave HDMI connected to the receiver and when I need to capture I'll switch the display settings.

I realized also though that right now my Wii is connected via component cables. So there is a setting to monitor component video and DVR/VCR audio? What settings do I need to change?

kickinthehead

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi kickinthehead,

There are no settings for the component video out as long as it is assigned correctly it should output via the component video out.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down