Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru

3 posters

Go down

TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru Empty TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru

Post  Bohaiboy Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Here is my setup

Top of line and 3D directv satellite receiver connected via hdmi to the 905 with hdmi out to a new Panasonic TCP65VT50 3D plasma in another room (approx 50 ft) set up via baluns(cat5) then back to hdmi for set top connection.

My DTV receiver says, for instance, when I try espn3D that either my receiver(assuming they mean dtv receiver) or my tv are not 3d capable. Both are. So my suspicions are that the 905 is not allowing the 3D feed from the dtv receiver to be acknowledged. Anyone run in to this before and is there any way to remedy it?

Thanks in advance

Tim in Houston

Bohaiboy

Back to top Go down

TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru Empty HDMI over CAT5

Post  steverobertsbbc Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 am

I've be most suspicious of the CAT5 being the culprit here, Tim. 3D needs a fully certified HDMI1.4 connection and I suspect the drop to CAT5 and back breaks this. Have you tried taking the amp out of the equation - ie DirecTV box via HDMI/CAT5/HDMI to prove that the long wiring run actually works?

steverobertsbbc

Back to top Go down

TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru Empty Re: TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru

Post  Bohaiboy Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Spoke to my AV installer and he said the cables are Cat6 Where he has suspect may be the Baluns and/or the jumpers to/from the baluns. WIll connect around the Onkyo tonight and see if the signal passes thru.

Bohaiboy

Back to top Go down

TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru Empty Re: TXNR 905 not passing 3D signal thru

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi forum users,

The TX-NR905 will not support 3-D video so the work-around is to bypass the Onkyo and run your source direct to the TV or you can update to a newer Model Onkyo that will support 3-D such as the TX-NR708 or the TX-NR1008 if you can find them as they are not being sold anymore. What are still available are our new 2012 models that will support 3-D. You may go to our main page under products to research the one that fits your needs.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down