Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Solved* No video signal on new 818-started cutting out and now no sound/signal

2 posters

Go down

*Solved*  No video signal on new 818-started cutting out and now no sound/signal Empty *Solved* No video signal on new 818-started cutting out and now no sound/signal

Post  boidsonly Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Moderator, please close this out. I had I bad HDMI cable and another one going bad. I replaced both and am fully functional again. It took quite a bit of troubleshooting to figure it out-the HDMI cables are pretty much brand new off Amazon.

I was playing music through my PC like I normally do and the picture on the TV/the OSD and the sound started to simultaneously cut off every minute or so. It finally cut off one last time and now there is nothing to display. Does not output video/sound on any other input either (Xbox, etc).

The 818 is very warm compared to the normal operating temp of almost cool to the touch.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Jeff

boidsonly

Back to top Go down

*Solved*  No video signal on new 818-started cutting out and now no sound/signal Empty Re: *Solved* No video signal on new 818-started cutting out and now no sound/signal

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:54 pm

No Problem... Glad to read this has been resolved and you were able to self-diagnose this issue and resolve it via replacing the HDMI cables.

If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down