Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TXNR-609 no hdmi... please help

4 posters

Go down

TXNR-609 no hdmi... please help Empty TXNR-609 no hdmi... please help

Post  s4boost Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:27 am

I have a cable box, bluray player, and xbox plugged into my receiver. Last night i turned everything off and when i turned it all back on today the reciever went to HDMI startup as usual and then the tv and the receiver display no signal on cbl/sat, bd/dvd, and game. if i go to NET i can see the OSD and listen to pandora etc. I have done the most recent update and done a factory reset to no avail. The receiver will not recognize any inputs coming from HDMI. If i select an analog source, i'll get a blue screen on the tv and then i can see the OSD. Is my HDMI board bad? any hint or tips?

also, i am using using good quality cables. If i plug a source directly into the tv it works. but if i go through the receiver, i get no signal.

Ive had this unit for about 6 months. and im not happy about this.

s4boost

Back to top Go down

TXNR-609 no hdmi... please help Empty Re: TXNR-609 no hdmi... please help

Post  s4boost Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:05 pm

No help huh?

s4boost

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi s4boost,

If you've already done a reset on the unit and it still does not work and the fact that you can see the OSD when the receiver is set to "NET" tells me that the HDMI cables are good. I would suggest having a service center further evaluate this for you. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TallEddie Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 am

I am having almost the same issue. Every couple weeks, when I turn the unit on I lose the HDMI out, and my TV says no signal. I've tried going through the menus, and couldn't find any settings to fix it. My output resolution was set to auto. When I turn the unit on, it says HDMI start up, and on the right side of the display I see "HDMI" blinking. If I turn the unit off, the HDMI pass though light comes on, but still have no output signal. A couple differences from the original poster, when switching to an analog input or NET, I don't get a blue screen or see the OSD. Also, performing a factory reset does resolve the issue.

This is really frustrating, I am tired of having to reset the receiver every couple weeks and then have to re-do all my audio settings. Is there anything I can do to fix the video output without a factory reset?

TallEddie

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey guys
Have you tried disconnecting the unit from power source. You might try this prior to doing a reset. I know it is a pain having to re-calibrate after a reset and unplugging may save you having to do the reset. Power down the unit, unplug for 30 sec. or so and start the unit up. Just my 2 cents worth, Good luck.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi coxie2,

Thank you for the suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down