Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working Empty TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working

Post  irkuck Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm

I have speakers both for Zone 2 and Zone 3. Try to switch them on/off with remote does not work. Switching on/off is working fine with Zone2/3/off buttons on the receiver. When the zones are on, I can select them and change volume with the remote.

Not being able to activate/disactivate zones via remote is annoying. Is this a general software bug to be eliminated or just something in my receiver?

irkuck

Back to top Go down

TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working Empty Re: TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working

Post  irkuck Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:52 pm

irkuck wrote:I have speakers both for Zone 2 and Zone 3. Try to switch them on/off with remote does not work. Switching on/off is working fine with Zone2/3/off buttons on the receiver. When the zones are on, I can select them and change volume with the remote.
Not being able to activate/disactivate zones via remote is annoying. Is this a general software bug to be eliminated or just something in my receiver?

Please comment on this. I am using Zone2/3 a lot and not being able to switch them on/off with remote is very annoying. Is this a software bug which will be eliminated in future update? Volume control of zones works fine for me.

irkuck

Back to top Go down

TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working Empty Re: TX-NR818 Zone 2 and 3 switching on/off with remote not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi irkuck,

Are you trying this on the remote?

To turn off Zone 2/3, press ZONE 2 or ZONE 3.
The Z2/Z3 indicator on the AV receiver’s display
flashes. Press OFF.
The zone is turned off.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  irkuck Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 am

OK, thanks. One has to press the "Receiver" on/off button to control Zone2/3 on/off. It works nicely and I am happy with it now.

irkuck

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 am

Hi irkuck,

Glad I could assist.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down