Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video)

2 posters

Go down

HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video) Empty HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video)

Post  Majii Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 pm

I purchased an Onkyo HT-S5400 from Amazon.com in March, maybe April. And I have been having a flickering issue. At first it only appeared when connecting my Playstation 3 as I didn't watch many DVDs or Blu-Ray films which required a HDCP handshake to be completed. Due to University schedules it has kept me from seeing to the problem until now when I was reminded of it by playing a DVD causing the flicker to return.

My Setup:
Receiver: HT-S5400
Playstation 3: HDMI 2M cable
Desktop (Computer): HDMI 2M cable
Display: Acer G235HAbd - HDMI->DVI 2M Cable (HDCP Compliant)

I originally experienced this problem with just the Playstation 3, but noticed it existed whenever an HDCP connection was initiated prompting a handshake problem. I've replaced all the cables twice with cables from different manufacturers to ensure they are not to blame. I've connected both the Desktop and the PS3 directly to the monitor without a handshake issue. I've even changed the where the input cables were seated, as in input 1-4.

When I have both the Playstation 3 and the Desktop connected to the receiver, if the Playstation 3 is turned on then the video will flicker whether the Playstation 3's input is selected for output or not. So long as the Playstation 3 is turned off, the Desktop's output is clear. However if a DVD is played back on the Desktop then flickering will ensue as it appears that a handshake is failing at the point of the receiver.

I have created a video displaying the problems so that you can see them first hand. Video 1 Video 2

Note: I have also already reset my receiver as well as attempted to start devices in order from source to destination, but the issue of the Desktop makes that next to impossible since it establishes a new HDCP handshake every time protected content is played unlike other devices such as the Playstation 3 which establish such a connection at the start of the device and maintain it throughout.

Edit: The specific receiver in question is the HT-R590 and I have the serial number if necessary.
Edit 2: Fixed a few typos.

Last edited by Majii on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Majii

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video) Empty Re: HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video)

Post  Majii Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Bumping it up since I'm quickly falling to the bottom with little chance of being seeing if that happens.

Majii

Back to top Go down

HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video) Empty Re: HT-S5400 - HDCP Handshake trouble (Flickering video)

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Majii,

I apologize for the delay in response but reliable operation with an HDMI-to-DVI adapter is not guaranteed. In addition, video signals from a PC are not guaranteed.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down