Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports)

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports) Empty TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports)

Post  Minizorg Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I have both the UP-HT1 (HDRadio) and the UP-A1 (IPOD) and just attempted to connect them and get them to work. Both connected and worked, but I am afraid that they reset my reciever to 2 channel "Direct" mode.

Now nothing works in anything BUT 2 channel mode.

How to I fix this? I have not had a lot of time to mess around with this, but I would like to get my magnificent 9.2 channel system back.

But my biggest question is, Why would this have happened?

Thanks!

Mike

Minizorg

Back to top Go down

TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports) Empty TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports)

Post  Minizorg Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Crickets? Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Minizorg

Back to top Go down

TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports) Empty Re: TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports)

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi Minizorg,

Have you tried to change the "listening mode" on this to see if that works? To change the listening mode please go to page 34 in the manual for instructions on how to change them.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports) Empty Re: TX-NR1009 Universal Port - Problem (Resets unit to Direct Two Channel Audio through all ports)

Post  Minizorg Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Minizorg,

Have you tried to change the "listening mode" on this to see if that works? To change the listening mode please go to page 34 in the manual for instructions on how to change them.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.

Thanks, I will give it a try when I get home..... I cannot remember if I tried it or not. But I think that I did.

Minizorg

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Minizorg,

Please let me know if this works or not. If it does not work then try to reset the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minizorg Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Please let me know if this works or not. If it does not work then try to reset the receiver. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.

I did unplug both "UP" peripherals and tried to get my surround system back this morning. I was able to to so by accessing the reciever using my Android phone while watching CBL/SAT and changing the listening mode..

I will try to plug in the IPOD via the UP-A1 again tonight.

This is my MOST important question, as I have spent a lot of money on the IPOD, the UP-A1, etc to try to create this source for my current music collection;

What should I expect from this connection/source?

Digital Audio?

Analog Audio?

Surround Audio?

Video?

There are no wrong answers here, I just need to know.... I may just have not done enough investigation into these Universal Port products and may have had too high of expectations for them.

Thanks,

Mike

Minizorg

Back to top Go down

Post  Minizorg Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Minizorg wrote:

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.

I did unplug both "UP" peripherals and tried to get my surround system back this morning. I was able to to so by accessing the reciever using my Android phone while watching CBL/SAT and changing the listening mode..

I will try to plug in the IPOD via the UP-A1 again tonight.

This is my MOST important question, as I have spent a lot of money on the IPOD, the UP-A1, etc to try to create this source for my current music collection;

What should I expect from this connection/source?

Digital Audio?

Analog Audio?

Surround Audio?

Video?

There are no wrong answers here, I just need to know.... I may just have not done enough investigation into these Universal Port products and may have had too high of expectations for them.

Thanks,

Mike

Do you have answers to my above questions?

Thanks!

Mike

Minizorg

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Minizorg,

I apologize for the delay in responding but by default U-Port or the USB are an analog audio output.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Minizorg Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I apologize for the delay in responding but by default U-Port or the USB are an analog audio output.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.

Thank you for responding.

So It will not pass Video?

Will I be able to get it out of "Direct" Mode and get the audio to be processed by the Dolby, THX or Audessey processors?

Thank!

Minizorg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down