Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Connection

4 posters

Go down

Internet Connection Empty Internet Connection

Post  scsig1 Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 am

I have the TX-NR609 and for some reason i can no longer get connection to the internet for XM radio. It was working last week and for some reason it doesn't work anymore. I have a wireless connection using the USB port. I check the signal strength and I get about 55-60%. Is there something i'm not considering?

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Internet Connection Empty Re: Internet Connection

Post  coxie2 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Hey scsig1
Not to question your intelligence but is the 609 not connecting to XM or not connecting to any of the network services ? Also, if you do not have a paid sub for XM, the trial last for only a month or so. XM may be having a problem, I no longer use the service. Keep us posted.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:40 am

Haha,
No worries, i actually paid for a subscription to XM for about 6 months now so I know that's not the problem. I also tried connecting to do an update of the receiver and it wouldn't allow me to connect. I also tried logging on to regular internet radio and it wasn't having it so I know i am having an internet connection issue.

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

scsig1
So I take it that you have no net connection thru the 609 ? When you power off the unit, is there a small "NET" lit up on the front display of the 609 ? I had an issue of not being able to connect to the internet and then talked with a customer service / tech at Crutchfield's who had me do the following. 1) On the 609 go into setup and to the network part of that. 2) Enable network control and save 3)Power down the 609 (the "NET" light on front should now be on). 4) Power down your router and unplug for 20 - 30 sec. 5) Power up your router and allow full reboot. 6) Unplug the 609 for 20 -30 sec., reconnect and power up the 609.(the NET light on front should be lit). 7) Go into setup and to the network part (you should see values in the all the fields DNS, IP, etc.) Cool Exit out of setup and try connecting to your service. If you have a desk top or Laptop connected thru the router, they may indicate that they have detected new device. Enabling the network control keeps the ethernet port on the back on even with power off to the unit,

Not sure if this helps, but good luck. Keep us posted.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi coxie2,

Thank you for this suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:26 pm

So what you told me worked. I did three things. One was your instructions and for some reason it wasn't working but it was late so the next day tried downloading updates to the receiver via internet and I actually was able to connect and download the updates. I wasn't able to do this before so what you told had to have worked. I then reset my XM password online and changed it on the receiver and now i get music.

Thanks!!

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Glad it worked. I have since went to a third party wireless adapter that is working great for me. Enjoy your XM !!

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:33 am

LOL so it stopped working again after working for about 5 days. Now I do not get internet connection again. I'm officially confused. What's funny is that this is unit is about a year old and I haven't actually used it that much. Any other ideas???

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

scsig1
Is there still values in the net setup ? (dns, ip, etc.) ?
you might try just unplugging the 609 for30 seconds {with power off} an then plug back in and power up. Hopefully the "net" light on display will still be on.
check your values for dns, ip etc. in setup. Hopefully the values will be there. Then you should be able to connect.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:34 am

Ok so i figured it out. My receiver was set up to for wireless connection however, unless you have essentially 100% signal strenght, wireless is about as useless as it gets. Once I moved the router next to the receiver and had a direct internet connection from the router to the receiver, the internet radio works wonderfully.

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  sixtytooneratio Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Electronics are fun until something goes awry.
Speaking for myself,the expletives fly. silent

sixtytooneratio

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:32 pm

scsig1
glad to hear you got it working. Are you using the onkyo dongle for wireless ? There has been quite a few discussions on the board about it not having great range. Also, if you have your setup the way you like and it works, you might want to avoid any further firmware updates. This is just my opinion but I did the first update in March and none since. My setup is working fine for me and I do not want to risk bricking my receiver with an update. There have been many posts that describe update issues and I do not think the risk is worth it. Onkyo would have to add some good net services for me to update again. Hopr things continue to work for you

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Glad to read you have resolved your issue with the reciever and wireless connection; If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 pm

coxie, I was using the wireless dongle for the wireless. That was more out of necessity as the router was a good 100 feet away in another room. I don't see the need to do any updates unless something is wrong so thanks for the advice, i'll make sure i stay away from the updates.
I should have known this as my Ipad also loses range with the router but i didn't put 2 and 2 together.

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down