Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 unfamous no sound issue

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR807 unfamous no sound issue Empty TX-NR807 unfamous no sound issue

Post  Redbarn Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Greetings from Belgium/EU,

I'm one of the lucky winner of the 807 not sound issue.
I own this beauty since October 2009.

It has started a couple of months ago (maybe even earlier as it isn't easy to identify this weird issue at first ... you first suspect yourself having done something wrong with your remote, then your hdmi cabling, your tv set, your decoder ... to finally identify the bad guy being that costy and only 2 year old Onkyo!!).

First I could see some short & small pixel glitches on my screen, no worries ... must be some issue with the movie ...
then at times I had no display at all when watching a tv program, finally no picture and no sound, ... until then I was always able to get it back into operation by moving cables/cold power the unit ...

but since yesterday no way to fix it, I have simply no sound... no matter what I do ... (but picture still there though).

On top of this, network is grey out with "now initializing" (was perfectly working in the past).

I've registered today an email support ticket with EU team.
Hope to hear from them soon with a good news such like they are covering the repair.
Considering how many people are facing this issue on that same unit and in the same period of time,
why Onkyo isn't providing any special notice on their website and come up with a real repair action plan ?

Instead we are all desperate and end up on differents forums to get answers & help ...
kinda pity from such a well known company and knowing how much bucks we have invested on this amp (I was hoping to be covered for at least 10years ... ).

Redbarn

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 unfamous no sound issue Empty Re: TX-NR807 unfamous no sound issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi Redbarn,

Our EU counter parts should be able to assist with your issue. If they do not please let me know so that I may bring it to the proper department.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Redbarn Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:52 pm

if support could answer as fast as your are Smile

I did actually call the belgian support center, although he admit this is a well known issue, since my box is out of warranty, he couldn't help me in direct, but routed me to the EU hotline. Which I did, but after spending 30min in the waiting queue, I was simply dropped because I've reach the 5pm limit ... No

according some other post I've read here,
you have escalated this issue to management,
what is their position on this issue ?
what is being done by Onkyo worldwide to address it ?
why isn't there any notice on the website ?

seem like every call center is improvising a solution despite the fact this is a widespread problem...

Thanks again for your commitment and assist though such as not leaving us totally in the dark, much appreciated!

Redbarn

Back to top Go down

Post  Redbarn Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 am

just a quick follow-up,

I've finally reached out Europe customer care hotline (took me 3 attempts and 30min waiting queue).

After a few check, the gentleman on the phone (only in English/German) has informed me Onkyo will cover my unit repair/parts/return cost,
I just need to deliver my unit to their German repair center to benefit from this goodwill.

I have to admit I'm pretty much pleased with this offer.

I think Onkyo would be benefit to make a much clearer statement on this wide scale issue and support.

I'll keep you posted when this is all sorted.

Redbarn

Back to top Go down

Post  Redbarn Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 am

please note my case is now solved,

Onkyo Germany has admit the problem and repair the HDMI board at their charge.
I've delivered my unit at their technical partner in Germany, they repair it within an hour so I could take it back with me immediately,

this is what I call premium service! really appreciate such a service!

Redbarn

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Redbarn,

Thank you for the positive feedback and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abeasley Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm also experiencing this problem. I purchased my unit new in Feb of 2010 and now I'm having the video but no sound issue. I've submitted a message to support. Do you know if this is something that can be fixed by the end user? I've tried resetting and while it worked at first, it is not working anymore.

Thanks,

Adam

abeasley

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi adam,

This is not something that the end user can fix. If you've already sent a request to our parts department then I would wait for further instructions on how to proceed.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down