Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709: Problem with HDMI (Main) resolution settings

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709:  Problem with HDMI (Main) resolution settings Empty TX-NR709: Problem with HDMI (Main) resolution settings

Post  DitPun Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 am

I just received my '709, which is replacing an '875 receiver (I needed 3D support). In summary, I'm having problems with fixed resolution output on the HDMI (Main) output. I can specify an output (1080i) and sometimes the receiver will scale appropriately (e.g., display indicates 720p input -> 1080i output). At other times, however, the receiver has a mind of its own. For example, if I try and force a 480p output when feeding a 1080i input, I seem to always get a 1080i output (per the receiver's display and the TV's). Conversely, if I input 1080p, I get an output of 1080p, not matter what I set the output resolution at. I've trying playing with the picture adjustments, resetting the receiver, bouncing the power on the devices, etc., all to no avail. This behavior is very different than the old 875: when I set an output resolution, that was output, irrespective of input resolution.

By way of background, the HDMI (Main) is hooked up, via a HDMI -> component converter, to an older Mitsu RPTV that lacks native HDMI. Moreover, the adapter I'm using seems to be indicating to the receiver that it's capable of 1080p, which, of course, makes no sense. HDMI (Sub) is hooked up to a Epson 3010.

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

DitPun

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709:  Problem with HDMI (Main) resolution settings Empty Re: TX-NR709: Problem with HDMI (Main) resolution settings

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi DitPun,

The receiver is capable of outputting 1080p but only through and hdmi to hdmi connection. There really isn't anything on our end we can do with a 3rd party converter causing these issues.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down