Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR606 - HDMI not working

3 posters

Go down

TX-SR606 - HDMI not working Empty TX-SR606 - HDMI not working

Post  ssmith Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:20 pm

When I connect my device via HDMI I will have to power on/off the receiver numerous times before the HDMI works. I get no video/audio. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries, sometimes more. I have tried another cable and other HDMI inputs with same results. When I bypass the Onkyo receiver and go direct to my TV it works fine. Thanks for your help.

ssmith

Back to top Go down

TX-SR606 - HDMI not working Empty Re: TX-SR606 - HDMI not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi ssmith,

Please contact our parts and service department via email or phone and provide the following information to them:
Keep in mind that it may take up to 5 business days for an email response. Parts and service phone number is 201-785-2600 option #4

Thank you,

Name, address, phone number
Email address (If you have one)
Brief description of the problem
serial number of the unit
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823
Or email them at:
parts@us.onkyo.com
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Txwingz Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 pm

I have the exact same problem. It started out not really being an issue and would take only ten to fifteen seconds to come up. However over the past year it has evolved to where it often takes as long as ten minutes before I can get things up and running. Searching the Net, it appears that this is a known and ongoing problem with the HDMI board on this receiver. It's out of warranty by a year or so but if this is or has been a known problem I would hope that Onkyo would address the issue since as I said, it appears to be an ongoing problem with the 606.

Txwingz

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept via fax 201-934-7823 or email (parts@us.onkyo.com) at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. You will need to provide the following information: Name, address, contact info (telephone number/ email address); along with copy of sales receipt, model number, serial number; and full description of issue(s) of your TX-SR606 receiver. Note: if you do not have your sales receipt; please provide information on date and dealer of purchase for your TX-SR606 receiver. Your correspondence will be reviewed and handled by the Parts & Services representative who will contact you regarding your issue.

Please complete the Customer Written Statement form attached to this email and if you do not have a copy of the original sales receipt; please provide the dealer and date of purchase of your TX-SR 606 and if you can provide a credit card statement showing the dealer and purchase- this would suffice. We will need 3-5 business days to process and review this service ticket and will contact you back promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down