Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On

+14
nmanchik
mpressive
maccat39
evanmclean
AMB
JNagarya
gts2673
roadk99
xcal807x
grump010
onkyoyo
chfwahoo
OnkyoUSA
mwinter66
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty Having the same problem but w/ the TX-NR3008

Post  maccat39 Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 pm

chfwahoo wrote:I have read all of the comments that my fellow Onkyo 807 owners are having with the receivers- not recognizing the speakers and thus producing no sound. I see that Onkyo has posted in this thread to contact the parts and service department at the number listed (which I did this morning). After advising the service dept. that I purchased this unit in Nov. of 2009 - first comment back to me was "that it is out of warranty". I then (kindly) advised that I have done my homework and researched this issue and that this is a very common problem and that there appears to be a warranty accommodation extension to fix this issue. I mentioned this to the service rep and he just told me to email the info in.

Today is Friday 6/15- I see that it can take 5 days or so to get a reply. I'll post back if/when I hear anything and how much this is going to cost me - better be nothing. I'm Kicking myself for not sending the receiver in about a year ago when this first started to happen - unfortunately unplugging the unit seemed to resolve this issue at that time - but this is no loner working.....

I just hope this issue is only on the 807 models - I convinced my father to spend more $ on his receiver and go with an Onkyo (as I felt it was of better quality) I can only imagine the mouthful that I'll get if his acts up as well.

Here is hoping that Onkyo is a company that stands behind its products and customers.
Right now my speakers do not go Boom Boom, =(

Update to follow......

Chfwahoo,

Having the same problem with my reciever affraid . Started when I did the July update. Have to keep turning the unit on & off to get audio to work. And I know it's not the cables/wires because I checked it on a another reciever. The TX-SR876 it has no issues. Called Warranty Department, and since I have four months left on my warranty their shipping me a box. So I can send my unit in for service. I also had the same audio issue with the BOOM BOOM Mad , and turning on/off the reciever does not work anymore. the audio is completely DEAD No . Only audio I get is with the reciever in standby mode going through the HDMI through mode to tv speakers. I've had this reciever for 20 months and had no problems, until I did the firmware update (The Last Update For This Reciever) July 2012.

maccat39

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty Re: TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi maccat39,

I am glad they could help. Also you may want to include a note to the service center on your other issue.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty STILL NO RESPONSE

Post  evanmclean Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am

I accidentally posted this as a new topic and not as a reply. I want the others in the this forum to see it so I'm re-posting here.

Now I'm really starting to get frustrated. I had a party this weekend and had no music because the sound is out on the receiver. I had to plug up a laptop to the HDMI port of my tv and use the crappy tv speakers. I tried resetting the receiver about 10 times and nothing happened. It has now been 13 business days and 19 days overall since my first email, my fourth email was sent a few minutes ago. I have not gotten a single response from ANYONE. My first post on here was 2 weeks ago. I was told in a previous response from the moderator it would take 7-10 business days to get a response. Well we all know that is a huge lie. I've also called and talked to several people at the parts department. The last guy I talked to on the phone over a week ago said he would "take care of me" and would get me a shipping label and get everything resolved. I still haven't heard anything back from him or anyone else. WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ALREADY? This is getting to be pretty ridiculous. Thank you

evanmclean

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty Final Update

Post  chfwahoo Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 pm

chfwahoo wrote:
chfwahoo wrote:
chfwahoo wrote:I have read all of the comments that my fellow Onkyo 807 owners are having with the receivers- not recognizing the speakers and thus producing no sound. I see that Onkyo has posted in this thread to contact the parts and service department at the number listed (which I did this morning). After advising the service dept. that I purchased this unit in Nov. of 2009 - first comment back to me was "that it is out of warranty". I then (kindly) advised that I have done my homework and researched this issue and that this is a very common problem and that there appears to be a warranty accommodation extension to fix this issue. I mentioned this to the service rep and he just told me to email the info in.

Today is Friday 6/15- I see that it can take 5 days or so to get a reply. I'll post back if/when I hear anything and how much this is going to cost me - better be nothing. I'm Kicking myself for not sending the receiver in about a year ago when this first started to happen - unfortunately unplugging the unit seemed to resolve this issue at that time - but this is no loner working.....

I just hope this issue is only on the 807 models - I convinced my father to spend more $ on his receiver and go with an Onkyo (as I felt it was of better quality) I can only imagine the mouthful that I'll get if his acts up as well.

Here is hoping that Onkyo is a company that stands behind its products and customers.
Right now my speakers do not go Boom Boom, =(

Update to follow......

First update,
I'm encouraged - after emailing Onkyo on Friday 6/15/12, I received a email reply today (6/18) with how to go about sending the receiver in for repair. I'll be updating as this process goes but I am very encouraged by the faster than expected reply. more to come......

2nd update: 6/25
Delivered receiver to the auth. repair facility on Thursday 6/21- received a call on Friday from the repair facility that the HDMI board was bad, apparently this is no just on the 807, but all across the line of Onkyo receivers.
I was advised to check with the repair facility in a week or two - they did say that the receiver is out of warranty (by 6 months), but I advised of the accommodation extension and provided the email info that Onkyo had sent me for the repair. Updates to follow
-----
Picked up the receiver about 1-1/2 weeks ago. The repair facility replaced a defective HDMI board - states that the HDMI board in the 807 is the same as many other ONKYO receivers and they are all bad or will be...... Onkyo did cover the repair under a "one time warranty extension" so I'm satisfied that they stepped up. Now my question is is the new HDMI board the same brand/batch as what was originally used and doomed to see the same fate- only time will tell.

Good Luck everyone with these issues!

chfwahoo

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty Never was contacted.

Post  roadk99 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 am

My receiver is still dead. I never got a call back from parts department. It would seem a lot of people have had, and are continuing to have, this same issue. This is not the only forum where I have found this issue posted. It also appears Onkyo knows exactly what is wrong with the units.

roadk99

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty Finally some help!

Post  evanmclean Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 pm

So I finally got some help after 20 days, 4 emails, multiple forum posts and multiple phone calls. The trick is to call multiple times, wait on hold for 30 minutes and then not let the person get off of the phone until they have found your email and responded to you. I learned this lesson the hard way. Don't take their word for when they say they will help you and will get back to you because they won't. I am very concerned though that my receiver won't be fixed properly. The first guy who said he would "help me" said the only way to get my receiver fixed is that once my warranty was extended I had to send it to the regional center in Lincoln Park,NJ. I live in Atlanta. The guy who finally helped me several phone calls later set me up at a small electronics store 5 miles from my house in Atlanta. I tried calling them to see if onkyo had actually sent my info to them and I got the runaround and no clear answer. I'm taking my receiver to them on Monday so I'll update again in a couple of days. The moral of the story is I will never again buy another Onkyo product as long as I live. I have already told everyone I know to stay away from them. I'm sure the 10-15 people or so on this forum will never buy Onkyo again. It's a small number of us and the loss is definitely acceptable to Onkyo. It surprises me that a company like this, in this day and age of the internet could be so unresponsive and unwilling to help for so long. You would think since this forum is so visible and easy to find on Google that they would do whatever it took to help the customer. Especially considering how competitve the AV market is on high-end receivers. I hope that everyone doing research on a new receiver finds this forum and decides to go with the Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer Elite, or Marantz they were looking at and not the Onkyo. We alone don't have the numbers to hurt Onkyo enough to make a change within their company. We are an acceptable loss to them. I think we need to all email the editor of USA Today, New York Times, CNet, Gizmodo, and Engadget and try and get this some national attention. If we could get this to go viral I guarantee heads would roll over at Onkyo and some changes would be made. Then the unsuspecting consumer who unfortunately bought an Onkyo product might actually be helped before he spends 3 weeks and several hours of his time trying to get a company to stand behind their crappy product.

Last edited by evanmclean on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : On my iPhone and needed to fix a couple of things)

evanmclean

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:09 pm

We apologize for the inconvenience and lengthy time to process your service issue. I have researched this issue and would like to apologize that it wasn't resolved in a more timely manner. We are using your experience as a model to further improve our servicing processes and will improve with future patrons. Once again; we are glad to have your issue resolved.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mwinter66 Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:31 pm

It took me about 4 weeks to get my receiver back from the authorized repair center as they were waiting on Onkyo to get the replacement part. I have not yet connected it because I need to shut down the power in my house to add a couple of breakers/lines to my main box and I don't want to take any chances with this receiver. I will post shortly to give an update as far as the fix is concerned. Of course I will not know the longevity of the fix for some time.....hopefully much longer than another 2 years.

mwinter66

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty RC 180/NR 807

Post  mpressive Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Looks like I'm joining the list of another 180/807 that has mysteriously right outside of the warranty period (June 2010 purchase). As many have mentioned here, I also have a receiver that worked one day and then the next, no sound, no network, etc. Unplugged, resetted, etc. to no avail. I've since sent a communication with my serial number, copy of receipt, etc. as instructed by the forum administrator here and I'm waiting patiently for a response that it's okay to take my receiver in to a repair facility. I'm dying the death of a 1000 cuts as football regular season is right around the corner and my whole set-up is dead in the water.

Whoever's watching these forums, please expedite these repairs as it looks like this issue is expanding by the day. I will have to admit that it's weird that most of the posts that I've seen have been receivers giving up the ghost almost 2 years and 1-3 mos. to the day, really weird almost like some sort of hourly limit has been hit and then the hdmi board goes out.

Here's to hoping that we all get our respective issues resolved in a timely fashion. What's unfortunate is that I have to admit that I'm gun shy on buying another Onkyo product as I have an old flagship Denon 5803 in the basement that's about 10 years old and never had one issue with it, just saying!

mpressive

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 pm

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible. You can provide the following information via email to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com:

Name:
City/State:
Email:
Serial Number:
Dealer of Purchase:
Date of Purchase:
*** Submit copy of sales receipt/ bill of sale to process this service ticket

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mpressive Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks you for the reply. I'm sending in all of the information that I previously sent to the Onkyo repair center to the email address below that you requested below and will await a response.

mpressive

Back to top Go down

Post  mpressive Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Sent the information as requested yesterday but I haven't heard from anyone. As I read your post again, I noticed that you wanted me to call but you didn't provide an phone number. I'm assuming it's different then the parts center in NJ that I've already called as stated earlier. Just curious, why does the forum consider me replying to an existing post as posting an external link? Needs to be fixed.

Regards,

mpressive

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Mpressive; please review your PM for further information:

by mpressive on Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 16:50

Sent the information as requested yesterday but I haven't heard from anyone. As I read your post again, I noticed that you wanted me to call but you didn't provide an phone number. I'm assuming it's different then the parts center in NJ that I've already called as stated earlier. Just curious, why does the forum consider me replying to an existing post as posting an external link? Needs to be fixed.

Regards,

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mpressive Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Tried to reply to you PM but the system won't let me. States that I can't for 7 days. What do you suggest??

mpressive

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Please email at onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com or contact via 800-229-1687 and select option # 3 Product Support and request to speak to the Forum Moderator.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mpressive Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Calling now.

tx,

mpressive

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Note: When you email your requests into the onkyoadmin email address; please also include your forum handle so I can easily reply to you on the status of your service request as well.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mpressive Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Just sent an updated email with my forum handle as requested. Hopefully you have everything necessary to move this forward today.

OnkyoUSA wrote:Note: When you email your requests into the onkyoadmin email address; please also include your forum handle so I can easily reply to you on the status of your service request as well.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator

mpressive

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Thank you for your messege I will look into this further and be in touch with you.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty NR-807 Display and Sound not working

Post  nmanchik Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Add me to another user who has this problem with NR-807. Tried all different ways, but display and sound are both not working. Contacted Support and asked me to send an email to parts...sent it and awaiting response.

Moderator, is there any way to expedite this request and this looks like a known issue with these receivers.

Thanks,

nmanchik

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Note: When you email your requests into the onkyoadmin email address; please also include your forum handle so I can easily reply to you on the status of your service request as well.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty Dead Audio problem on TX-NR807

Post  wdodge54 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I contacted (emailed) the parts department in August about the audio problem on my TX-NR807 in August as suggested by ONKYOUSA - still haven't heard a friggin' word back. Audio finally died completed this week. Not going to ever buy another Onkyo product again since Onkyo hasn't done the responsible thing and stepped up with a recall for a free repair of a known system problem with these units.

wdodge54

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm

xcal807x wrote:I got this receiver in May of 2010 and i got the same problem started last year in Dec. I brought it in for service twice and apparently the problem keeps on coming back. Now my warranty is out and i don't know what m i going to do with the receiver.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about any servicing options available in your case. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response.
You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 No Audio at Power On - Page 2 Empty nr807 HDMI Board Problems...

Post  nykipper Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey Moderator, Can you tell me if the HDMI boards, that are being used in the repair process, have been re-engineered or are we just to have to keep repairing these receivers every year. Respectfully, Another nx807nr victim No .

nykipper

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:57 pm

The HDMI boards being installed in the specified receivers have been re-engineered from the previous boards initially installed.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next