Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix

4 posters

Go down

tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix Empty tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix

Post  hsbalch Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 pm

I've had the ONKYO tx-nr609 for four months now. It worked perfectly for 3.5 months, and then it started to occasionally not send any signal out via HDMI. However, if I unplug the receiver from its power source, plug it back in, and then power it on, it resumes sending signals out via HDMI. It will then work fine for several days until the problem reappears. Once again, by going through the full power down and back up sequence, it starts to work fine again for a few days. This has now happened five times in the past 2-3 weeks. Since this is not a very convenient procedure, I would like a resolution.

hsbalch

Back to top Go down

tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix Empty Re: tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 am

Hi hsbalch,
I am going to ask you to perfrom a factory reset on your unit to see if that corrects the issue. All this information can be found on our blog. Here is the link to that post: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/ Please read it over carefully. Please keep us posted and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix Empty Re: tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix

Post  hsbalch Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:42 am

OK. I just performed a factory reset as you have suggested. Of course, it works right now, just as it worked right after I unplugged and replugged the receiver. The test is how long it lasts. Usually it works for 3-4 days before it fails again. Unfortunately, this time I have to go through the ordeal of getting the speakers adjusted again, setting up the wireless network, etc. I hope it works for good, and not just for 3-4 days, because this is a lot of extra work.

hsbalch

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:15 am

Hi hsbalch,
We are sorry for the inconvenience the reset may have caused you. It should have corrected the issue, but please keep us posted. We will will happy to assist you further if need be. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hsbalch Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 pm

We've gone two weeks now without having to unplug the power from the receiver and re-power to get it to connect via HDMI to the TV. However, something else annoying now happens that did not happen before. Routinely, when we turn on the receiver it displays "HDMI Start Up" for 5-10 seconds. When it finishes, sometimes the TV connects immediately via HDMI and displays the video. Other times, the TV displays "No HDMI Input". When that happens, if we turn off the receiver and then turn it back on again, it usually connects the second time. If not, it has always connected the third time.

hsbalch

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi hsbalch,

Have there been any software down loads such as firmware updates made recently to either your TV or the receiver itself? The HDMI startup means that it is doing its handshake with the TV to make sure everything is copacetic.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hsbalch Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:04 pm

When you asked me to do the factory reset, I did so and went through the entire start-up procedure as is in the manual which directed me to do a firmware update. Should it take that long? Why does it sometimes fail, when all I have to do to get it to work is turn it off and back on?

hsbalch

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi hsbalch,

When you turn the unit off thus breaking the connection and then turning it back on requiring the connection it kind of has a fresh start and will connect normally. Keep in mind that you should not have to do this.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hsbalch Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:04 pm

I don't understand. Are you suggesting we leave the receiver and TV turned on at all times?

hsbalch

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi hsbalch,

No that is not what I am suggesting at all, I was merely letting you know a possibility of why this happens.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hsbalch Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

So, is there a possibility for a resolution to this, or do we just have to live with the fact that we turn it back off and on each time until they finally connect?

hsbalch

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi hsbalch,

As suggested earlier "this should not happen". If you feel that you've done all that you could do to get this to work and it is still unsatisfactory then you may either take or send the unit in to have it looked at by a service center. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

tx-nr609 HDMI-out issue requires receiver power down to fix Empty Tax-nr609 hdmi no signal

Post  Kwmathews Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 am

I havebexactbsame problem, worked fine for a year, now no signal to tv randomly, unplug the 609 power, works fine for few days & comes back again. Sad

I downloaded & installed firmware update today 11/20/2012, let's see if this helps....

Anyone have success fixing this issue on a 609?

Kwmathews

Back to top Go down

Post  Viventis Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:02 pm

This happens with my 809 as well, but fortunately, it only occurs once every 2 or 3 weeks. It does appear that handshaking takes a lot longer than it did when it was new a year ago.

Viventis

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 pm

I would advise those afflicted it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept. for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT).

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down