Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Zone 2 to work (and audio outs) on HT-RC360

2 posters

Go down

Getting Zone 2 to work (and audio outs) on HT-RC360 Empty Getting Zone 2 to work (and audio outs) on HT-RC360

Post  DaveBaker Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:20 pm

This is more of a report on how I got my set up to work than a question. I found the documentation to be pretty inaccurate and difficult to follow, and I've seen other people on this board with problems getting zone 2 to work correctly, so I thought I would give some answers to anyone who's had similar problems.

First, I ran into serious problems trying to get Zone 2 or any of the audio outs to work correctly, except on the tuner. I was trying to get ANY audio output other than the standard 5.1/7.1 and just having no luck. There are many cases where the documentation says that you will have a problem with this:
If bi-amp is set to on, Zone 2 wont' work
If you're trying to use a digital source, Zone 2 (or the audio outs) won't work
If you're trying to record using the same input and output the output won't work (eg, using both the TV/DVR in and out at the same time)

I found, however, that even with an analogue source, the analogue indicator displaying, set to "direct", everything else as above taken into account, neither Zone 2 or the analogue outputs will work. This was very frustrating, as I knew I had everything set up correctly on the speakers, because everything worked perfectly when using the FM tuner.

The way I found around this is to use DNLA from my windows 7 computer to play media files. This allowed me to use Zone 2 and the audio outputs correctly, even though the documentation says that I need a digital source. So basically, the only way that Zone 2 will work as far as I can tell is if you're using an internal source like the Tuner or the Internet Radio Tuner. External inputs of any kind (analogue or digital) didn't work for me. Hope this helps at least one other person.

DaveBaker

Back to top Go down

Getting Zone 2 to work (and audio outs) on HT-RC360 Empty Re: Getting Zone 2 to work (and audio outs) on HT-RC360

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am

Hi Dave,
We apologies that you were having issues with zone 2 and your unit. If there is anything specific we can help you with please let us know. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down