Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DX-C390 issues

3 posters

Go down

DX-C390 issues Empty DX-C390 issues

Post  jerrytimes Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:59 pm

A little over a year ago I purchased an Onkyo DX-C390 6 CD changer on Crutchfield.com I purchased it because I was looking for a quality CD player at a decent price ($199). At the time the reviews were glowing for this product. A month or two ago one night I couldn't control the CD player, it would start and stop CD's, it would turn itself on and start playing, and I couldn't stop it unless I unplugged it. After a couple of days it stopped doing this and it was fine until tonight. It started doing the same thing, I unplugged it and not it won't turn on with the remote or buttons. The red standby light is on and it's dead. After searching online for possible issues it appears that many people have this same exact issue with this device. Even on Crutchfields website, the reviews are not very good (nine have 1 star and state similar issues). Are there any fixes for this?

jerrytimes

Back to top Go down

DX-C390 issues Empty Re: DX-C390 issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi jerrytimes,

You will need to take/send this unit to one of our authorized service centers for further evaluation. They can be found on the main page on www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jerrytimes Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Ok, I figured such, but I'm also curious as to if Onkyo is addressing this issue. There are an extreme amount of people reporting this problem. Almost half of Crutchfields reviews are complaints of this exact same thing.

jerrytimes

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 am

Hi jerrytimes,
Unfortunately, we do not have information on that. However, you may contact our parts and service department for assistance. 201-785-2600 option4 or parts@us.onkyo.com (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). They will help you with obtaining service and they may have more information for you. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

DX-C390 issues Empty Onkyo Doesn't Care --

Post  JNagarya Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 am

I asume you saw the several reviews of this unit on Amazon in which buyers of this unit complain of the same problem.

As you note, a surprisingly significant number of buyers of this unit have the same problem. Doubtless many of them -- I did -- reported the problem to Onkyo. Despite multiple emails to Onkyo about this I've never received a response (consider yourself lucky that you got a typical non-response) of any kind.

Certainly by now Onkyo well knows of this problem. And probably know the cause/s. But they aren't going to admit it, because then they'd have to fix it. But that would cut into their profits, even though by an insignificant amount, so they won't do anything to fix it. All they'll do is tell you to send it to a repair center, which includes you paying nonrefundable shipping both ways.

And the phone number provided doesn't work.

The only solutions I've found for the problem:

1. Accept the fact that the money spent on this unit was thrown away.

2. Not listen to my CDs.

3. Never again buy anything Onkyo.

Last edited by JNagarya on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

JNagarya

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi JNagarya,

I apologize but what specifically are your issues with this unit?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

DX-C390 issues Empty Specific problem with C390? --

Post  JNagarya Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi JNagarya,

I apologize but what specifically are your issues with this unit?
_____

Did you read the thread!?

The problem was stated in the first post: this unit turning itself on. Turn it off, it turns itself on again.

I unplugged it and left it unplugged for twenty-four hours.

That didn't solve the problem, so I had to remove it from my system so as not to be startled or awakened by it turning on and playing the CDs in it. So I've not been able to use the unit.

See the page for this unit on Amazon for additional reports of this problem. Among those you'll find my review and or comments, posted at the time the unit began to malfunction as described.

And don't bother avoiding the issue by telling me to bring it to an authorized service center: that closest to me already denied knowledge of the problem, even though many have reported it, and was essentially skeptical and insulting.

I directed the repair person to Amazon so he could read the complaints posted there for himself, but I doubt he bothered.

As for Onkyo: I have problem with the fact that the number posted doesn't work. But that's typical: all Onkyo has done with my many emailed complaints about this problem is to ignore the emails.

There is sufficient number of this unit with this defect that a recall, or a correction of the original defect, be initiated.

JNagarya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down