Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR309 Issues

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR309 Issues Empty TX-SR309 Issues

Post  whosurpaddy Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi guys,
I have recently got an TX-SR309 & generally Im very happy with it, but have a couple of small things Im hoping you can help me with.

1. Is there a way to lock the display on the audio info, rather than the input channel currently selected? e.g. instead of displaying BD/DVD or GAME, I would prefer if It displayed Dolby D etc. I know I can hit the receiver button, & then display, & this will make the receiver display the info I want, but a few seconds later it switches back to the current input channel.

2. Im also experiencing the 2 second audio delay a few people on the forums have described, Im wondering if there is a fix for this with a firmware update, or if one is planned to remedy this.

Thanks

whosurpaddy

Back to top Go down

TX-SR309 Issues Empty Re: TX-SR309 Issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi whosurpaddy,

On the first question it is a design feature that can not be overcome. On the second question; what is dropping the audio and how is it connected to the receiver?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whosurpaddy Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

That's an unusual design feature on 1, seems like since it has a specific button to display that info it shouldn't be a big deal to lock the display to the audio info. Most receivers Ive seen would be the opposite, the selected input might come up for several seconds when you change channels, & then have the audio info as the standard display. Its not exactly a deal breaker, just a bugbear that its different from the norm.

On 2, its a PC, connected via hdmi.

whosurpaddy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi whosurpaddy,

I apologize for the inconvenience on the first answer and on the second have you tried this on another device (not the PC) via the same HDMI connection?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down