Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007

2 posters

Go down

No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007 Empty No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007

Post  bciarfella Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:25 pm

I called the help desk on the phone and we could not get sound to be produced from the unit. They recommended that I ship it to a service center. My gut feel says it's a code problem (it was working fine, left for 2 weeks of vacation, came back to no sound at all...). But when flipping thru the menus it no longers code update.

Is there a key or button sequence I can use to force a code update from a USB stick since the menu no longer appears to be there?

Bill

bciarfella

Back to top Go down

No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007 Empty Re: No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi bciarfella,

Did the phone techs have you try a factory reset of the unit if not then give this a try, this may work. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Turn the unit back on and the first thing I'd like you to do is go into setup ==> speaker setup ==> level cal and see if you get a static sound from the speakers. If you do not then the unit will need to go in for service. For authorized service centers please visit www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007 Empty Yes, we tried that

Post  bciarfella Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 pm

and it did not work. In it goes :-(

Thank you for your quick response.

Bill

bciarfella

Back to top Go down

No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007 Empty Re: No sound, and I can't update firmware on my TX NR-3007

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Bill,
We are sorry the reset did not work for you. To receive service on your unit you have two options:
1. Call our parts and services department: (201) 785-2600, option 4 They are here until 5:00pm today
2. Contact a service center directly, here is our blog post on how to do that: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/locating-an-authorized-service-center-or-dealer/
Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down