Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming!

4 posters

Go down

TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming! Empty TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming!

Post  FM247 Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 am

I have purchased this Onkyo TX NR-3007 approximately 1.75 years ago and while my home was under alteration, I lost the receipt. I purchased it on Ebay from an Onkyo Dealer at a cost of approx. $1900.00. If I have used this receiver 25 times I would say it is alot since I bought it in advance to do my home wiring before installing the new receiver. A short time after I installed it, I updated the firmware via the internet and thereafter my problems started. I called Onkyo gave them the serial number and I am waiting to get approval to bring the receiver in for a one time free service repair. The Holidays are coming and I have no Audio! I am a retired FDNY Firefighter who survived 911 and I can't get any help... I was told there are others ahead of me and as of today it will be a week I have been waiting just to get them to look at the unit. I was also told I have to travel some 40 miles to the service center once I get authorization. Is this the best customer service can do? I bought this receiver because I thought being an Onkyo, it would be a quality trouble free product that would last me years... I have tried, FACTORY RESET, can't update via internet or USB. Still no sound!
HELP!
Tomorrow I will try calling corporate to see if anyone can help... Otherwise will have to go purchase a new receiver before Christmas....
Thanks for listening, as I am very upset and frustrated and need the help!
Happy Holidays!
Soundless in Staten Island

FM247

Back to top Go down

TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming! Empty Re: TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming!

Post  FlyByNgt Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 am

FM247 wrote:I have purchased this Onkyo TX NR-3007 approximately 1.75 years ago and while my home was under alteration, I lost the receipt. I purchased it on Ebay from an Onkyo Dealer at a cost of approx. $1900.00. If I have used this receiver 25 times I would say it is alot since I bought it in advance to do my home wiring before installing the new receiver. A short time after I installed it, I updated the firmware via the internet and thereafter my problems started. I called Onkyo gave them the serial number and I am waiting to get approval to bring the receiver in for a one time free service repair. The Holidays are coming and I have no Audio! I am a retired FDNY Firefighter who survived 911 and I can't get any help... I was told there are others ahead of me and as of today it will be a week I have been waiting just to get them to look at the unit. I was also told I have to travel some 40 miles to the service center once I get authorization. Is this the best customer service can do? I bought this receiver because I thought being an Onkyo, it would be a quality trouble free product that would last me years... I have tried, FACTORY RESET, can't update via internet or USB. Still no sound!
HELP!
Tomorrow I will try calling corporate to see if anyone can help... Otherwise will have to go purchase a new receiver before Christmas....
Happy Holidays!

Hi FM247,

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Unplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back give it a min or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an update.

Hope this helps. ENJOY!

Thank you for your service. I am from NY. God Bless.

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-03-12.
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming! Empty Re: TX NR-3007 No Sound, Clicking and Holidays Coming!

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm

FlyByNgt wrote:
FM247 wrote:I have purchased this Onkyo TX NR-3007 approximately 1.75 years ago and while my home was under alteration, I lost the receipt. I purchased it on Ebay from an Onkyo Dealer at a cost of approx. $1900.00. If I have used this receiver 25 times I would say it is alot since I bought it in advance to do my home wiring before installing the new receiver. A short time after I installed it, I updated the firmware via the internet and thereafter my problems started. I called Onkyo gave them the serial number and I am waiting to get approval to bring the receiver in for a one time free service repair. The Holidays are coming and I have no Audio! I am a retired FDNY Firefighter who survived 911 and I can't get any help... I was told there are others ahead of me and as of today it will be a week I have been waiting just to get them to look at the unit. I was also told I have to travel some 40 miles to the service center once I get authorization. Is this the best customer service can do? I bought this receiver because I thought being an Onkyo, it would be a quality trouble free product that would last me years... I have tried, FACTORY RESET, can't update via internet or USB. Still no sound!
HELP!
Happy Holidays!

Hi FM247,

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Unplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back give it a min or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an update.

Hope this helps. ENJOY!

Thank you for your service. I am from NY. God Bless.

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-03-12.

Hello FM247;

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding the possibility of obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired or possible trade-in option. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. Please also complete the CUSTOMER STATEMENT form and submit back to our Parts & Services department and to the service center you will be instructed to have documentation of the issue(s) you are experiencing for servicing.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bennywmy Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am

I am in Hong Kong and my 5007 has same problem. But HK support not good as in USA. No reply from them at all and only ask me pay $800 USD to fix it.

Will onkyo HQ issue recall to those unit like toyota do. It is explictly design fault.

bennywmy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 pm

bennywmy wrote:I am in Hong Kong and my 5007 has same problem. But HK support not good as in USA. No reply from them at all and only ask me pay $800 USD to fix it.

Will onkyo HQ issue recall to those unit like toyota do. It is explictly design fault.

Hello bennywmy:

Thank you again for those who have recently provided the information requested regarding the issue with the TX-NR 3007 receiver. I have noticed many forum users are outside the continental US- and we here would like to further assist you with your issue. Please provide the following information to the following email address and address to the attention of the " FORUM MODERATOR: TX-NR 3007 FORUM ISSUE" :

- FULL NAME:
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- CONTACT NUMBER(s):
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:
- CURRENT F/W version:

We would like to resolve your issues but need your prompt assistance with this matter. Thank you again for your time, patience, and cooperation in assisting our research and helping us to eradicate this issue.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bennywmy Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 am

Already send the info to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com
Will any Onkyo support follow up overcase?

Dear admin,

Here is the info of my TX-NR5007
Thank you again for those who have recently provided the information requested regarding the issue with the TX-NR 5007 receiver. I have noticed many forum users are outside the continental US- and we here would like to further assist you with your issue. Please provide the following information to the following email address and address to the attention of the " FORUM MODERATOR: TX-NR 3007 FORUM ISSUE" :

- FULL NAME: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE: XXXXXXXXXXXX
- MAILING ADDRESS: XXXXXXXXX
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE: Wan Chai HK
- EMAIL ADDRESS: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- CONTACT NUMBER(s): Benny Yeung
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:
- CURRENT F/W version: 01 Oct 1.29

- SERIAL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:2627MP1030023433 L
- DEALER OF PURCHASE: MICHAEL AUDIO MOK KWOK
- DATE OF PURCHASE: July 2010

-Symtoms: Statge 1: longer clicking of relay to have sound Stage2: Intermitten no sound , Need power down or Reset then have sound if lucky. Now No sound at all , No speaker relay clicking after power up , Video is no problem.

RE
BENNY YEUNG

bennywmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down