Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI Video from TX-NR717 is dark

2 posters

Go down

HDMI Video from TX-NR717 is dark Empty HDMI Video from TX-NR717 is dark

Post  bw8755 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm

I just purchased the Onkyo TX-NR717. I am running a PS3 and Sony Blu-ray to my Samsung plasma TV. The issue is that the video is very dark compared to when the sources are connected direct to the TV (previous AV did not have HDMI, so this is the first I’ve not had everything wired straight to the TV). The darkness is similar to the PS3/Blu-ray menu screen when it auto-dims due to inactivity. There is no degradation in resolution, just brightness, saturation. Like watching with sunglasses on. My initial thought was that it was taking the Video signal and converting it to Film. Also, the Onkyo On-Screen Display is not affected like this - it is as bright and saturated as the PS3 & Blu-ray menus are when connected direct to TV.

I have adjusted the Picture Mode and set as both Through and Direct and neither made any difference. I also set Film Mode to Video with no change. I did a manual Brightness +6 but it was not much different.

Am I missing something? I should note that the TV was calibrated using the SpyderTV. I plan on re-calibrating, but I wanted to see if I’m missing something first.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

bw8755

Back to top Go down

HDMI Video from TX-NR717 is dark Empty Re: HDMI Video from TX-NR717 is dark

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Go into the SETUP menu of the PS3 and scroll down to and select DISPLAY SETTINGS. Now scroll down to DEEP COLOR and turn this option OFF. Also go to CROSS COLOR REDUCTION FILTER and select OFF. Exit out the PS3 menu and try onto the Onkyo again. This should resolve your issue.

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down