Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers

3 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers  Empty Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers

Post  cookie5239 Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of buying the Onkyo TX-NR515. I want to use it as a home theater system and for running audio through 2 other sets of speakers.

What I want to know is:

1. Can I run 1 set of speakers I plan to use for the TV as audio speakers too which will be connected to the other 2 sets of speakers in other rooms?

2. Can I then use the same set up and use the set of speakers which are connected to the TV to watch the TV and the other sets of speaks in the other rooms to listen to music?

Thanks,

Jodi

cookie5239

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers  Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm

We would like more information to help advise you if this is possible. For instance- your initial question: "1. Can I run 1 set of speakers I plan to use for the TV as audio speakers too which will be connected to the other 2 sets of speakers in other rooms?" what are you planning to use to connect the other 2 sets of speakers in the other rooms- an external amplifier/ receiver or speaker selector box? How are you planning to make these connections- using RCA Audio cables or digital audio cables?

Now for question # 2. "Can I then use the same set up and use the set of speakers which are connected to the TV to watch the TV and the other sets of speaks in the other rooms to listen to music?" That would basically reflect on what configuration you'd like to employ for this audio setup. In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept. for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers  Empty muti room speakers

Post  cookie5239 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am

Hi,

I have bought the TX NR 515 and am planning top use it for multi room speakers only. I have 3 sets of speakers (3x2). One set of speakers lives next to TV, one lives in the lounge and the 3rd as outdoor speakers. I have installed an on/off switch on all 4 speakers which are not next to my tv so that I can swich them off while watching TV. But when I listen to music, I will want either 2 sets or 3 sets of speakers on playing throughout the house. What is the best plug in configuration for such a set up? Would it be 'front' for the 2 TV speakers, 'Zone 2' for the lounge room speakers and 'Surround back or front high' for the outdoor speakers which only get used occasionally at low volume?

Thanks.

cookie5239

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers  Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers

Post  d6500k Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

With the receiver set to "all channel stereo" that should work.

The zone two will be in stereo anyway but to get the third room speakers to output stereo at the same level as those by the TV, all channel stereo should be your best option.

Doug k

d6500k

http://www.6500kcalibrations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cookie5239 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Perfect, thanks Doug!

cookie5239

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Thank you again d6500k for the assistance.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR515 multi-room speakers  Empty Onkyo TX-NR515 set up

Post  cookie5239 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 am

Hi,

I started the initial set up of my Okyo 515 and could not find the menu on my Sony Bravia 850 TV. I then left the room and the set menu had disappeared. I'm not getting anything here. Everything was plugged in prior to powering the Onkyo for the first time.

Thanks for your help.

cookie5239

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down