Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR809 / WMP11 Streaming Issues

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR809 / WMP11 Streaming Issues Empty TX-NR809 / WMP11 Streaming Issues

Post  ccschoch Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 that I think I found a "BUG". I've had the receiver for 6 months and stream music via WMP11 and up until last week it worked flawlessly. Last week I had to update the firmware to the latest version, since my receiver would no longer be controlled via my Android Phone APP (my Android App. updated on my phone, so I read online that I needed to update the firmware on my TX-NR809. Once I did the update, everything was back to normal (so I thought).

Now the problem is, when I stream audio from my WMP11, it will only stream 3 songs at a time, then stops. I have to reconnect to my WMP11 server. I know this is the receiver issue, because I can stream from my WMP via another audio device (my direct TV AND my Panasonic BluRay). Also, I can stream from another music server on my PC via the -809 and it streams from that file server for hours. Problem is, I'd rather use my WMP11 since I have playlists set up there.

I have been in talks with others on another audio forum and they too have experienced this with their 809 units. Is this a known bug and is onkyo working on another firmware update to correct it?

ccschoch

Back to top Go down

TX-NR809 / WMP11 Streaming Issues Empty Re: TX-NR809 / WMP11 Streaming Issues

Post  westdc Fri May 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Have you disabled your firewall to test this?

If your using McAfee Do this.

I found My Issue - It is with my local firewall setting - To test - disable the firewall on any PC you are connecting to - if the connection does not drop then look into your McAfee firewall settings. No need to add or open ports just change one field in UPNP section.

Double-click the M icon.
Click Web and Email Protection drawer.
Click Firewall.
Within the Firewall menu click the Ports and System Services drawer.

When That Opens --Click the Bar that says- Universal plug and play ports -Then Click edit - the go to the drop down window and change it to "all PC"S"

Click Save

Your Onkyo will no longer drop it's connection.

westdc

Back to top Go down

Post  ccschoch Fri May 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Worked like a charm, THANKS!!! Been driving me nuts for days. Just don't understand how Onkyo couldn't rectify this since it was an obvious firmware update issue. Reason I say this, (I posted this in the other link too where you gave instructions how to correct it), is that I have been streaming for months from WMP11 with no issues. Then last week I updated my firmware in order for my android phone app to work again, and then I started having this issue of losing the connection after 3 songs.

Oh well, at least it's fixed and if I have any other issues, I have a little more knowledge on something I can try.

Thanks again!!!

ccschoch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down