Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR605 3d problem

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR605 3d problem Empty TX-SR605 3d problem

Post  fred-in-ct Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I have a new Samsung 3d DVD player a Samsung 3d tv set and an onkyo Tx-sr605 receiver. I run hdmi 1.4 out of the dvd player into HDMI in on the onkyo. I then run hdmi 1.4 out of the onkyo into the tv set. When I place the 3d movie in the player, the disc is recognized, I am able to select the language for the movie, and when the movie begins to play, the DVD player indicates that the display or the TV set does not support 3d. This configuration works fine for Blu-Ray and regular DVD movies - it is only the 3d movie that does not work.

When I run the hdmi cable directly from the dvd to the tv (in essence bypassing the onkyo), the same 3d disk works fine. It appears the onkyo receiver is the problem. Any suggestions?

fred-in-ct

Back to top Go down

TX-SR605 3d problem Empty Re: TX-SR605 3d problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:01 am

Hello Fred-in-Ct;

The TX-SR 605 is NOT 3D ready or compatible; so this is why you are seeing this message. Unfortunately; your receiver will not process 3D video signals thru the receiver's video processing chip. There is also NO optional method to upgrade the video processor on this model receiver for 3D compatibility. For this instance; bypassing the receiver for 3D video connection and still providing an audio connection from the 3D device would be sufficient for your use.

If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down