Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audyssey Problem Tx Nr3009

2 posters

Go down

Audyssey Problem Tx Nr3009 Empty Audyssey Problem Tx Nr3009

Post  Textilet Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:48 am

This is a new unit. I updated firmware upon install.

After running Audyssey,

The Audyssey "off" setting sounds normal,

The Audyssey "Movie" setting sounds improved, with better definition in the mids/highs and vastly improved quality to the bass. Imaging is improved.

The Audyssey "music" setting sounds like the Audyssey "off" setting minus the Audyssey "movie" setting, if that makes sense. it is as if only the peaks are left. Like instead of "throwing out" or reducing the problem frequencies, Audyssey threw out the "good" information and kept the trash. There is also a sound that resembles microphone feedback over the top of everything. The actual content is barely audible.

Again, the "movie" mode is fine; the "Music" mode in unlistenable.

I owned a tx nr709 and I know these two modes should sound very similar. I have run audyssey twice now (with two different mics) and the problem is the same.

Textilet

Back to top Go down

Audyssey Problem Tx Nr3009 Empty Re: Audyssey Problem Tx Nr3009

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down