Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue with Video channel on HT-R391

2 posters

Go down

Issue with Video channel on HT-R391 Empty Issue with Video channel on HT-R391

Post  Optiset Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

I have an issue with analog video signal on my new HT-R391 device.
I'm trying to connect my Pioneer DVD via analog conneciton through this receiver and have issue with vide signal: audio is coming through, but o video. Tryed to connect to the back panel and AUX port in front- same result. Conenct same cable directly to TV- works fine. This is second DVD that I have- 1st one connected via HDMI and does not have problems, but this one with analog connection doesn't work. What could be the problem- hardware, setting?
appreciate an answer

Optiset

Back to top Go down

Issue with Video channel on HT-R391 Empty Re: Issue with Video channel on HT-R391

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Since your receiver doesn't have an upconversion option (doesn't convert COMPOSITE or COMPONENT and doesn't push it out via HDMI); if you go into the receiver using COMPONENT video cables- you will need to go out of the receiver using COMPONENT video cables. If you are going in HDMI, you can go out of the receiver HDMI. So you will need a COMPOSITE VIDEO connection from the MONITOR OUT terminal on the rear of the receiver into the VIDEO IN COMPOSITE terminal on your TV for ANALOG video viewing.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down