Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo HT-R390 output issue

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo HT-R390 output issue Empty Onkyo HT-R390 output issue

Post  nmranga Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 pm

All,

I recently bought Onkyo HT-R390 5.1 AV receiver. My TV is old one, it does't have digital inputs. So I am feeding the video directly from my DVD to TV using composite input (Yellow, Red & White) and HDMI to AV receiver.. However I want to setup & fine tune my speakers. I read in the manual that only through HDMI output I could see the setup menu from my AV receiver.

I bought a HDMI to VGA converter to connect to my computer monitor. I was not getting the video from my HDMI. Also I tried with HDMI to DVI output, but in vain.

In my Sony Wega TV (CRT), I saw component inputs (Red, Green & Blue) in the back. So bought component cable and connected it to my AV receiver's component out. It did't work.

What should I do to get the video from my HDMI output? Also let me know why I was not getting component output. Is there any setting I should do using remote control?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ranga

nmranga

Back to top Go down

Onkyo HT-R390 output issue Empty Re: Onkyo HT-R390 output issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi nmranga,

The only way to see on screen display is to "not" send the signal through a converter as you may or may not get any video out of this connection as it says in the manual on page 46 for DVI adapters:

Reliable operation with an HDMI-to-DVI adapter is
not guaranteed. In addition, video signals from a PC
are not guaranteed.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down