Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR509 Update Failed

5 posters

Go down

TX-NR509 Update Failed Empty TX-NR509 Update Failed

Post  mtbode Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I performed an update over the network today. The update showed as "Completed", however upon completion I no longer have any audio and option 11 - Network Setup and option 12 - Update from the Setup menu are grayed out.

Any help / guidance is appreciated.

mtbode

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 Update Failed Empty My update worked

Post  gardavis Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 pm

I updated my 509 with the current firmware today over the net.

When it completed, it just sat there with the "completed" message. The instructions said to turn it off with the button (not the remote). I turned it off with the button and it automatically came back on and I think audio did not work but video did.

I turned the receiver off and on and then everything was OK. I do have options 11 and 12 as usual.

Gary Davis
Webguild

gardavis

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 Update Failed Empty Re: TX-NR509 Update Failed

Post  mtbode Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am

I have cycled the power, reset to factory defaults, unplugged the unit for 10 minutes and my last attempt was to reflash the firmware using USB. When I switch to either the USB or NET input, the 509 just cycles through "Initializing". I still have no audio and options 11 & 12 are grayed out in setup.

Any thoughts or does Onkyo destroy their products with firmware updates? I really like the receive and was thinking of purchasing a second unit, however it appears that many others are having problems with updates as well. I also tried to call support yesterday and the support number went to a fast busy. Not very impressed.....

mtbode

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 am

Hi mtbode,

I apologize for the delay in responding but what is the firmware version currently on your unit?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR509 Update Failed Empty Same problem

Post  haraldk Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Just as the others described (grayed out menu items, no audio) after installing 1081-1100-0000-0103 on my NR509.

Please advice how I can fix this mess.

haraldk

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dsscc Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Did anybody get this issue resolved. Just did the update and now no audio, period. I guess I should've read the forums before I did the update.

dsscc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down