Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zone 2 on TX-NR609 and connecting an Amplifier

2 posters

Go down

Zone 2 on TX-NR609 and connecting an Amplifier Empty Zone 2 on TX-NR609 and connecting an Amplifier

Post  dickgood Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:34 pm

I own a TX-NR609. I have two speakers in my kitchen connected to Zone 2. The kitchen is close to my family room that has 5 speakers and a sub-woofer. When I use zone 2 with the same music playing in zone 2 and in my family room their is a lag in the music so it sounds like and echo. Because of this I have purchased a speaker switch with volume control. It does work, but I cannot control the volume like I would like to. If I turn down the volume in the family room I cannot turn up the volume in the kitchen so I can hear it. I think I need something like a amplifier to do that? I think the amplifier would have power and allow me to control the volume of my speakers in the kitchen and other areas that I have speakers. How would I connect the amplifier to the receiver? Very Happy

dickgood

Back to top Go down

Zone 2 on TX-NR609 and connecting an Amplifier Empty Re: Zone 2 on TX-NR609 and connecting an Amplifier

Post  coxie2 Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:52 am

dickgood

On the back of your 609 are a r / l zone 2 outputs (just left of the subwoofer outs)). These are line level outs and you would need to run rca cables (typically red and white) from these to a line level input on the other amp (aux. etc.) . Your 609 will still need to be powered up but you could turn the volume down or mute and allow the second amp to supply your kitchen. Depending on the distance between rooms, you may want to put the second amp close to the 609 and run spkr. wire to kitchen or place the amp in kitchen and run rca from amp to amp. You might want to check out Monoprice.com for these cables, may save you some bucks.

Good luck.

coxie2

Back to top Go down