Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latency issue (TX-NR709)

2 posters

Go down

Latency issue (TX-NR709) Empty Latency issue (TX-NR709)

Post  MarciaFunebre Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 pm

When I connect my computer (MOTU ultralite firewire audio interface) to the receiver (TX-NR709) I experience very noticeable latency (I am using the S/PDIF connector). When I connect it instead to my 20 year old low budget Kenwood receiver via analog audio cables, I do not get this latency issue. Can someone help? - Thanks in advance!

MarciaFunebre

Back to top Go down

Latency issue (TX-NR709) Empty Re: Latency issue (TX-NR709)

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi MarciaFunebre,

Do you have any other devices connected to this receiver and if so do you get any type of delay in those devices?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MarciaFunebre Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm

i have the very same devices connected when i experienced no latency with the old receiver.

MarciaFunebre

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi MarciaFunebre,

Not your older receiver I was asking about any other devices such as DVD player or Cable box?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MarciaFunebre Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 pm

connected are:

MacPro 3.1 1 - via optical - directly connected to digital out of computer
MacPro 3.1 2 - via S/PDIF via MOTU ultralite firewire - this is where midi controller keyboard is connected
DVD player (most times turned OFF - used occasionally) - connected via S/PDIF, component video out for picture.
Screen via HDMI (most times turned OFF - used occasionally in conjunction with DVD player, or for adjusting settings)
Subwoofer, self powered.
L/R Speakers
2 Satellite Surround Speakers

again, regarding the computer and the way keyboards, firewire interface, software, are playing together, it is the same configuration that when i used the previous receiver. the only difference is that it is now connected via S/PDIF instead of just analog. This should not affect latency, in fact, if anything, it should be be rather better than worse.

MarciaFunebre

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 am

Hi MarciaFunebre,

Have you tried the either the AV Sync or the lip sync to try and decrease the latency?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MarciaFunebre Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:04 pm

could find any reference to "av sync" in the manual - the lip sync is set to "off" - should it be on? and then i could not see a field where you can adjust milliseconds in order to set the delay manually. i never used this function, so i would appreciate more detailed instructions. also, when reading the manual, it refers to a function when using HDMI, but this does not apply here, neither do i use any picture signal at the time. this is just straight S/PDIF audio signal.

MarciaFunebre

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi MarciaFunebre,

On page 53 labeled A/V Sync in the manual. Keep in mind that this is the only one that you can adjust. I apologize for the misinformation on the lip sync. If other devices connected the same way do the same thing then I would suggest a service center take a look at it for you as it may be an internal issue. You may find authorized service centers on our main page under support.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down