Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

onkyo 414 pink screen

4 posters

Go down

onkyo 414 pink screen Empty onkyo 414 pink screen

Post  thijskl Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:45 am

Got my onkyo 414 for about a week and cant seem to get this fixed.
I got my mac mini 2011 connected via my onkyo, now i do get video and audio but the screen has some pink glow over it.
I've did the FW updates and a factory reset, also swapped hdmi cables but sadly enough it didn't fix the issue.
Anyone knows how i can fix this?

thijskl

Back to top Go down

onkyo 414 pink screen Empty Re: onkyo 414 pink screen

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:53 am

Hi thijskl,

Do you have any other devices connected to the 414 that give the same pink screen issue and if so how are they connected?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thijskl Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:18 pm

i got a playstation 3 connect, doesnt give a pink glow on it..

thijskl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi thijskl,

So how is the PS3 connected?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thijskl Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 am

the ps3 is connect by hdmi, i also connected a optical cable cause the hdmi didnt send DTS.. Thats working fine now

thijskl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 am

Hi thijskl,

Have you tried the PS3 in the input where your Mac mini is plugged and visa verse and if so does the PS3 get the pink overglow?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thijskl Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi thijskl,

Have you tried the PS3 in the input where your Mac mini is plugged and visa verse and if so does the PS3 get the pink overglow?

I swapped the cables between the ps3 and the mac mini but the mac mini gives it on every hdmi port. Is there some kind of video adjust on the reciever?

thijskl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi thijskl,

Since the PS3 does not give the pink screen and your Mac mini gives a pink screen in every input and there are no settings on the receivers end to adjust I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of your Mac mini to see if they can offer any solutions for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trysse Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using a HT-R758 receiver and when I switch the channel to my mac mini it's a pink hue over the entire screen.
It came through once, but the next time I turned the receiver on again it was pink again. Can't get it back to normal colors anymore.

Anyone come across a solution already?

Trysse

Back to top Go down

onkyo 414 pink screen Empty Try alternative resources

Post  ejronin Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Trysse wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using a HT-R758 receiver and when I switch the channel to my mac mini it's a pink hue over the entire screen.
It came through once, but the next time I turned the receiver on again it was pink again. Can't get it back to normal colors anymore.

Anyone come across a solution already?

If the problem occurs from a specific device (i.e. the Mac mini) then the problem isn't the receiver, its the Mac - especially if it's happening irrespective of input port.

The most logical solution would be to check for video driver updates for your video card. It's my understanding that the Mac minis have low-end....everything, but checking the Mac forums or starting a thread in them might yield better results since it seems specific to an external device. I don't have a Mac because of this very type of issue (proprietary parts force users to submit to closed source developing and a narrow range of compatibility), but two decades of experience in custom PCs dictate the path to solvency should be similar.

In the mean time, is there a way to adjust the color gamut or picture settings on the Mac via software? Have you attempted to use a different HDMI cable or check which standard of HDMI the Mac mini implements? Have you checked to see if Linux / Unix users are connecting their PCs to the Receiver with similar issue, and if so perhaps it's an issue specific to Unix / Linux kernels?

ejronin

Back to top Go down

Post  Trysse Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Upgrading the firmware of my receiver fixed the problem. Seemed to be some kind of handshaking problem between the mac and the receiver.

Trysse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down