Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video Empty Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video

Post  sidmac Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 am

We are experiencing issues with our Onkyo ht-rc360 where when you turn on the TV and receiver the screen flashing with the following at various times; no signal, red screen, green screen, blue screen and purple screen prior to video connection. During this time we get in and out audio only. After approx 15 minutes the video comes in. Please help! Our first Onkyo was a tx-sr606 which had issues with the resitors (sp?). Due to it being outside of our warranty we got no assistance with the tx-sr606 even though it was a known 'bad batch' issue. We thought we would give Onkyo another try and go with a new model. I am so frustrated that we are having issues with this model now. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I would also like to add that we are using a 25ft HDMI cable.

sidmac

Back to top Go down

Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video Empty Re: Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:00 am

Hi sidmac,

Have you tried this with a shorter HDMI cable to the TV and if so do you still get those issues?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video Empty Onkyo ht-rc360 - No Video

Post  sidmac Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am

We have not tried a shorter HDMI cable. 25ft just barely fits...we would actually like to go to a 30ft cable. We did perform a factory reset which was no help. I did review the HDMI checklist and noticed that number 4 suggests a HDMI booster for any cables over 15ft. Do you think a booster might address our issue. Many of the boosters I have seen online are around 100. dollars. Willing to purchase IF it would address the issue.

sidmac

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:48 am

Hi sidmac,

Boosters will help and it is suggested. Just FYI there needs to be a plus 5 volt signal from the receiver to the TV in order to maintain the signal if it's even a little under you may experience those types of issues or no picture at all. The short HDMI cable is just a test to see if that would work and most times it does.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down