Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver

5 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver Empty TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver

Post  jaypugh Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:38 pm

I don't know if many people are reporting this but I wanted to test the Wii connectivity when I got home but there was no picture from the receiver. I had sound but no picture. I tried multiple HDMI cables, multiple sources, etc and could not even see the receiver menu. Ultimately I seem to have fixed it by unplugging the receiver power and plugging it back in. Is this a known issue and is there anything I can do to avoid it?

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver Empty Obviously you haven't read the MULTIPLE threads yet

Post  Milinko12 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm sure once you look a little further down the list, you will see what we have all been going through!!

Milinko12

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver Empty Still waiting for firmware that works

Post  Jonginear Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi Onkyo
Looks like multiple users have posted that the latest attempt at resolving the HDMI video out failure through firmware updates has not resolved the issue.
Any idea if yet another firmware update is in the works or have you decided to give up on this problem and start working on some additional features that we don't need?
I would suggest that every software engineer in your employ be assigned to resolving this issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.
Do you really expect your customers to be patient guinnea pigs for much longer?
I can't imagine how many "B" stock units are going to be flooding the market at the end of this years product cycle.............

Jonginear

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver Empty Re: TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi forum users,

We are currently working to resolve the issue with the latest firmware updates and hope to have a resolution soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver Empty Re: TX-NR616 - No Picture, had to unplug receiver

Post  BhamGamer Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 pm

The firmware issue bricked my NR616 (less than a month old) - please fix this with a firmware update and let us know of the ongoing status - this is becoming VERY poor customer support by Onkyo...

BhamGamer

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 am

Hi BhamGamer,

When you say "bricked your unit" what error message are you getting?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down