Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 Component with Wii

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 Component with Wii Empty TX-NR616 Component with Wii

Post  jaypugh Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:38 pm

I am trying to get my Wii to work with my new 616 receiver through component and I can't get a picture. I have the Red Green Blue component cables plugged into the only Component IN but I can't get any picture out. Can someone tell me what I need to set to make this work? I have sound with stereo sound plugged into TV/CD in and this works but I can't get the picture. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to spend $30 paying for a Wii to HDMI connector if I don't have to. Smile

Thanks,
J

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 Component with Wii Empty Re: TX-NR616 Component with Wii

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi jaypugh,

This should work and there is no need to purchase a converter cable for this setup as I have tested it on our 616 and our Wii going from component out through HDMI on the 616 and it does in fact work.
What input do you have the Wii assigned too on the 616 such as cbl/sat?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jaypugh Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi jaypugh,

This should work and there is no need to purchase a converter cable for this setup as I have tested it on our 616 and our Wii going from component out through HDMI on the 616 and it does in fact work.
What input do you have the Wii assigned too on the 616 such as cbl/sat?

I tried setting HDMI to ---- for TV/CD and PC while setting component input to IN1 for each of these, just to see if either would work and neither did. I followed these basic instructions from someone at the AVS forums. I would like to set it to GAME. Can you give me a step by step how to set this up? I must be missing something because all I get is a blue screen.

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi jaypugh,

Just as a test please try to set the Game input under the component to "in1" and blank everything else out then go into the HDMI input and blank everything out in there. After this has been done select "game" on the front of the unit and see what you get.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkG Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I have exactly the same problem trying to connect an XBox with component video output to the NR616. It does not work - audio comes through but there is no video, only a blue screen. I tried the suggested method of setting component video for "Game" to "IN1" and blanking out everything else. This does not work. Shouldn't there be an option for "IN4" for "Game"? No such option is presented. What is the solution?

MarkG

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 am

Hi MarkG,

Have you tried to set the output from the wii to 480i in order to have it output through the receivers HDMI?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MarkG Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks for your reply, but can you please elaborate as I'm not sure I understand. I'm trying to connect my XBox to the NR616, using component video, just like the OP trying to connect his wii using component. How would I set the XBox output to 480i if I can't see it onscreen? - just a blue screen. My previous AV receiver (different brand) had no problem with connecting the XBox by component video. Why won't the NR616 accept component video in?

MarkG

Back to top Go down

Post  starburst57 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I had this same issue today when trying to hook my Nintendo Wii up to the TX-NR616 through component cables. The problem turned out not to be with the receiver, but with the screen setting on the Wii. I hooked the Wii up directly to my TV through the component cables and through the Wii settings set the screen resolution to 480i. As soon as I tried it again it worked immediately! Of course you need to make sure you input for whatever source you use is set up correctly as well, but without changing the Wii is would never work. Hope this helps!

starburst57

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down