Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 NET Issue

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR515 NET Issue Empty TX-NR515 NET Issue

Post  radiant Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:54 pm

I leave my zone 2 set to NET for my whole house audio, and usually after a day or so the music will lock up and can no longer be accessed through the NET interface of the amp "its just a black screen". I have to power down the amp to re initialize it to get back the music choices. all other sources of the amp work fine just the net locks up. any ideas? I am also running the latest firmware release.

radiant

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 NET Issue Empty Re: TX-NR515 NET Issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi radiant,

Have you tried to reset the receiver and reboot your router? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "CBL/SAT" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
If you are unsure on how to reboot your router please contact the manufacturer of the router.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  radiant Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Thxs for the quick response, If I'm not mistaken when you update the firmware it resets the amp on update, which was done a few days ago. the router is not locking up the amp is still responds to ping when the net is locked up. I'm just not able to see the net menu with all the internet radio choices.

radiant

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi radiant,

While true the new firmware update does in fact reset the receiver, the reason why I asked if could do it again along with a complete reboot of your router is because there may be something that unbeknownst to you or me that might have changed in the software. I just want to start fresh so to speak.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  radiant Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm

I will give that shot and report back.

radiant

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi radiant,

Thank you and please let us know how this works out.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  radiant Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 am

ok so today at 3pm the music was off so I went to turn on the TV and selected net and it was repeating "now initializing" over and over the other outputs were fine as usual so I unpluged the amp and it came back up fine.

radiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down