Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lip Sync Issue with TX-NR515

2 posters

Go down

Lip Sync Issue with TX-NR515 Empty Lip Sync Issue with TX-NR515

Post  The_Chemist Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Hello Everybody, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a TX-NR515. I received it yesterday. I set the unit up last evening and was very excited until I started watching various sources through the receiver.

Before I even connected the receiver to anything I updated (via USB) to the latest firmware of 8-9-12

I am noticing an extreme lip sync problem on my Vizio 42" E422VLE 1080P monitor.

On the TX-NR515, I have "Auto Lip Sync" set to on and I played around with the A/V Sync for each individual source.

I am using Philips HDMI cables. I do not have this problem if I plug the Blu-ray player or Verizon FIOS cable box directly into the TV with these same HDMI cables.

The Cable box puts out 1080i and the Blu-ray player puts out 1080P.

Anybody have any ideas how to correct this?

I would be most appreciative of any suggestions!

At least so far in the one day I have owned this receiver I have not had the "no HDMI out, no picture" issue after coming out of standby. We'll see how that goes...

The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down

Lip Sync Issue with TX-NR515 Empty Re: Lip Sync Issue with TX-NR515

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible. They are here from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 4pm eastern std. time.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Chemist Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks
The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Chemist Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:05 am

I have Googled this issue and found only a few instances where other TX-NR515 owners are experiencing lip sync problems.

It appears that in my situation, the sound is getting played before movement in the picture, so the receiver's lip sync adjustment or A/V sync adjustment just makes the problem worse.

If I leave the TV sound on at the same time as the receiver sound, there is an echo - the TV sound being the later of the two (which matches lip movement). This confirms that the receiver is putting out sound before the matching picture.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I plan on calling Onkyo over the weekend as suggested by the forum moderater, but would appreciate input from others before I place the call.

Thanks to everyone!
The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Chemist Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:10 pm

I was playing around with the settings last evening. I finally found that if I disable the auto lip sync and use A/V sync only, I can sync the picture with the sound. For some reason the auto lip sync was causing the issues.

If I get picture aligned with sound then reinstate the auto lip sync, once again the picture will lose sync with the sound. I guess I'll just keep auto lip sync turned off for all sources and everything will be fine.

I still havent had the no picture out issue after standby like so many others are having. As soon as I took my 515 out of the box, I upgraded the firmware before even connecting everything up.
The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved andyour receiver is currently providing your great entertainment; May you enjoy many more days and nights with your receiver happily.

If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Chemist Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Now another lip sync issue is happening...

My Vizzio E422VLE LCD TV has internet functionality. The Vizio TV includes "Netflix" with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Since the DD will not output from the ARC HDMI 1.4 cable (only get 2 channel audio as it was designed), I decided to output the DD 5.1 from the Vizio optical digital output.

Using this method to connect the Vizio TV to the Onkyo TX-NR515 the sound is already delayed about one word. I have no way to adjust this since the sound is already delayed and I can't delay the video to match up.

I tried to call the Onkyo Tech Support number at around 6 PM EST, but when choosing the option to speak to someone about the problem, the menu repeats itself, then choosing the option again the line disconnects. Tried this multiple times to no avail.

I already have an older Roku box for Netflix that does not support DD 5.1, so I want to use the TV (which does support DD 5.1 for Netflix) to avoid spending another $100 for an updated Roku box that does support DD 5.1 on Netflix. The TX-NR515 does decode the DD 5.1 from the TV, but it is delayed by one word.

Any ideas or suggestions how to solve the lip sync issue where the sound is already delayed before the lip movement?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Love this TX-NR515 more and more each day as I get to use more features that it has. A great deal for the money!
The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Please reply to the PM message so I can have a Product Support representative contact you and work to further evaluate and resolve this issue with you.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down